With Oracle audits on the rise, organisations that can best align license agreements with actual database and option usage can reduce their financial risk and maximise the value of their Oracle investments. The goal is to “right-size” Oracle across the enterprise and gain control over the entire license management process – from accurate needs projections and licensing negotiations, to deployments and audit preparation. Read on.
Optimised license management is a necessity for all licenses owned by the enterprise. While organisations are starting to understand their license position for the desktop estate, the reality is that licensing in the datacenter presents a daunting set of challenges that require a robust, automated license management solution. Learn about how to address the unique license management requirements of all enterprise IT environments including the desktop and the datacenter.
IBM provides thousands of products in its portfolio and uses a variety of license models, contract terms and conditions. These license models can be very complex, causing frequent confusion for organisations trying to grasp the concepts while maintaining license compliance. While at first IBM licensing may seem incomprehensible, some education on the license models and licensing scenarios will help minimise the confusion. In addition, a more automated approach to managing licenses enables organisations to gain control, reduce ongoing software costs and minimise license liability risks. Read on.
Software asset management (SAM) is a complex process that enables organisations to gain control of their software estate from both a license compliance and financial standpoint. In many organisations, SAM represents one of the few remaining ways that substantial IT savings can be realised. McKinsey and Sand-Hill Group estimate that 30% or more of IT budgets are consumed by software license and maintenance costs. By optimising the SAM process, organisations can maximise software utilisation, reduce the risk of non-compliance (audits, fees, penalties), and reduce overall IT costs by as much as 5 to 10% per year. Read on.
Highlights of this paper: Examine your costs and understand how a managed service can assist; Discover how a managed service can help your team become more strategic than tactical; Ensure your sourcing strategy is business driven; Place strong consideration on the maturity, accreditations and robust methodology of your provider; Understand the systems, processes, management, reporting and KPis to deliver your managed service. Read this whitepaper.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Dick Smith shareholders left out in the cold
- Corporate “No-Cloud” policy in 2020 will be as rare as a “No-Internet” policy today
- A UK 'Brexit' may have a sunny side for tech
- Top legal tips for startups in the digital space
- Google goes after SharePoint with new enterprise tools
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCInside Sales Specialist / Customer Service - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia