With Oracle audits on the rise, organisations that can best align license agreements with actual database and option usage can reduce their financial risk and maximise the value of their Oracle investments. The goal is to “right-size” Oracle across the enterprise and gain control over the entire license management process – from accurate needs projections and licensing negotiations, to deployments and audit preparation. Read on.
Highlights of this paper: Examine your costs and understand how a managed service can assist; Discover how a managed service can help your team become more strategic than tactical; Ensure your sourcing strategy is business driven; Place strong consideration on the maturity, accreditations and robust methodology of your provider; Understand the systems, processes, management, reporting and KPis to deliver your managed service. Read this whitepaper.
IBM provides thousands of products in its portfolio and uses a variety of license models, contract terms and conditions. These license models can be very complex, causing frequent confusion for organisations trying to grasp the concepts while maintaining license compliance. While at first IBM licensing may seem incomprehensible, some education on the license models and licensing scenarios will help minimise the confusion. In addition, a more automated approach to managing licenses enables organisations to gain control, reduce ongoing software costs and minimise license liability risks. Read on.
Software asset management (SAM) is a complex process that enables organisations to gain control of their software estate from both a license compliance and financial standpoint. In many organisations, SAM represents one of the few remaining ways that substantial IT savings can be realised. McKinsey and Sand-Hill Group estimate that 30% or more of IT budgets are consumed by software license and maintenance costs. By optimising the SAM process, organisations can maximise software utilisation, reduce the risk of non-compliance (audits, fees, penalties), and reduce overall IT costs by as much as 5 to 10% per year. Read on.
Optimised license management is a necessity for all licenses owned by the enterprise. While organisations are starting to understand their license position for the desktop estate, the reality is that licensing in the datacenter presents a daunting set of challenges that require a robust, automated license management solution. Learn about how to address the unique license management requirements of all enterprise IT environments including the desktop and the datacenter.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- SanDisk builds tougher flash for IoT devices
- It's official: HP will break itself in two
- Seagate launches 4TB portable drive with wireless smartphone backup
- Planned new USB connector will fit both ways
- Toshiba offers to buy failed SSD maker OCZ
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT