As a workforce becomes more mobile, there is a risk of creating a VPN tunnel that enables every employee’s remote device to become an extension of the corporate network. While VPN solutions serve as a vehicle for delivering remove access to the corporate network, they can enable sensitive data to leave the protection and security of the corporate network. Find out how to identify and resolve this growing problem.
As the adoption of mobile devices continues to expand, IT organisations are continually challenged by today's demands of a fast-paced workforce and The demand for mobile access is imperative for keeping the workforce productive and effective, but at the same time IT organisations are facing problems in delivering high-performance, secure access to any type of mobile device, over any network connection. Fine out how to resolve these issues.
As mobile workstyles transform the way people and businesses work, remote access is becoming more important than ever. In enabling people to work anywhere, on any device, you need to meet IT’s requirements for security and manageability. But, at the same time, this is just as important to consider user experience. Download now to find out simple and secure ways to manage these demands and deliver a great experience for remote users. Read on.
For enhanced convenience and productivity, people need to use their own mobile device for business tasks. One fundamental role of an IT organisation is providing people with business applications that allow them to be productive in their jobs. Yet the demands in access for business-critical applications, on any device such as tablets and smartphones, pose a significant challenge to IT in making the move to native mobile platforms. Download for more!
According to analysts, by 2016 350 million employees will use smartphones at work and businesses will increase spending on mobile projects over 100% in the same time. Organisations demand new applications and more functionality delivered more quickly, and at a lower cost. Find out how to best reap the dividends of mobile applications, whilst maintaining functionality and the bottom line.
Instead of accessing your website from the safe confines of work or home, your customers can now perform sensitive transactions anywhere. As a result, mobile applications, and the devices they interact with, can now be more easily attacked. Attackers will probe all components of your application for vulnerabilities, and the only question is whether you will find them first. In this whitepaper, we highlight the various considerations for defending mobile applications - from the mobile application architecture to the myriad testing technologies you can use to properly assess mobile applications risk. Click to download!
Mobility services are frequently being positioned as part of broader application transformation, enabling enterprises to support the BYOD approach and the ability to leverage personal devices for business functions. In this whitepaper, we describe the software and services that accelerate the creation of internally developed, in-house enterprise mobile applications. Download to find out how to deploy and manage mobile apps on smartphones and tablets that are either provided by the company or by the user.
The expanded capabilities of mobile devices, such as an inbuilt camera and geo-targeting, can create unique opportunities to rethink and redesign business processes which take full advantage of true mobility. For example, a number of banks have recently deployed “deposit applications”, which let customers take a picture of a cheque in order to make a deposit. Mobile devices are not a passing event, but a shift in the computing landscape that presents unique challenges for IT teams. Find out how to best take advantage of the capabilities of mobile devices and what IT Enterprises need to consider in their implementation.
Many companies have established mobility as a core strategic technology, deploying corporate liable devices and allowing personally liable devices to connect to their networks and back-office applications. Yet few companies have established a realistic strategy of how to make the apps being utilised by end users truly enterprise controlled, secured and managed. Download to find out more!
This whitepaper describes, from an IT perspective, the issues that arise when allowing Android and iOS-based tablets and smartphones into the enterprise network—and the steps IT must take to maintain control while encouraging productivity and mobility. We outline the security considerations, risk mitigation options and the architecture required to support tablets and smartphones as consumer-grade devices accessing sensitive enterprise data. Download to find out more!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More Dick Smith staff go as $2 million in underpayments is discovered
- Turn a barebones PC into a graphics powerhouse with AMD's new FirePro server GPUs
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java, Oracle ADF) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT