Forbes Article: Oracle Sales Cloud is the Secret Sauce Behind Oracle's Success Read how Oracle Sales Cloud helped Oracle increase annual revenue to $37 billion.
There are four key characteristics that define big data: Volume, Velocity, Variety and Value. Volume and velocity aren't necessarily new problems for IT managers; these issues are just amplified today. The distinguishing characteristics of big data that do create new problems are the variety and low density value of the data. Learn more.
Leveraging data in innovative ways offers businesses unparalleled opportunities to understand and respond to the needs of a rapidly moving and changing market. Yet as an increasing volume of data from ever-growing numbers of sources pours into data centres, today’s enterprise is just as likely to drown in its data as it is to harness it for a strategic market advantage. Read more.
British Telecommunications depends heavily on its database infrastructure to support critical business applications. But the complexity of managing thousands of databases representing a mix of products, versions, operating systems, and hardware was taking a toll. Read more.
With Oracle audits on the rise, organisations that can best align license agreements with actual database and option usage can reduce their financial risk and maximise the value of their Oracle investments. The goal is to “right-size” Oracle across the enterprise and gain control over the entire license management process – from accurate needs projections and licensing negotiations, to deployments and audit preparation. Read on.
Optimised license management is a necessity for all licenses owned by the enterprise. While organisations are starting to understand their license position for the desktop estate, the reality is that licensing in the datacenter presents a daunting set of challenges that require a robust, automated license management solution. Learn about how to address the unique license management requirements of all enterprise IT environments including the desktop and the datacenter.
IBM provides thousands of products in its portfolio and uses a variety of license models, contract terms and conditions. These license models can be very complex, causing frequent confusion for organisations trying to grasp the concepts while maintaining license compliance. While at first IBM licensing may seem incomprehensible, some education on the license models and licensing scenarios will help minimise the confusion. In addition, a more automated approach to managing licenses enables organisations to gain control, reduce ongoing software costs and minimise license liability risks. Read on.
Software asset management (SAM) is a complex process that enables organisations to gain control of their software estate from both a license compliance and financial standpoint. In many organisations, SAM represents one of the few remaining ways that substantial IT savings can be realised. McKinsey and Sand-Hill Group estimate that 30% or more of IT budgets are consumed by software license and maintenance costs. By optimising the SAM process, organisations can maximise software utilisation, reduce the risk of non-compliance (audits, fees, penalties), and reduce overall IT costs by as much as 5 to 10% per year. Read on.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- How to get a word count with Microsoft Office for iPad
- Twitter gets new product head and team from app startup Yes
- Amazon will literally truck your data into its cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane basedOther
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- CCMS Dynamics CRM Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Web Content AuthorACT
- FTWinforms Developer - European Integration ProgramVIC
- CCSoftware Engineer - Submarine simulation and testing - MELBOURNEACT
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCJava API Developer - MediaVIC
- CCProgram Manager BankingNSW
- CCBusiness Specialist - TelcoQLD
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD
- FTInfrastructure AnalystQLD
- TPProject Manager - Documentation RebrandQLD
- FTSenior Technical LeadNSW
- CCSenior Technology SpecialistACT
- CCTechnical Security LeadVIC
- TPLead Project ManagerQLD
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- CCChange Manager (Office365) required for leading digital innovator in SydneyNSW
- FTService Lifecycle Management Contract AdministratorVIC
- TPHRIS Project Delivery ManagerQLD
- CCService Desk Consultant - SYDNEY ROLE (baseline clearance)ACT
- FTSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW