More and more organizations are looking to service-oriented architecture (SOA) as the basis of their future computer architecture. Recognizing that legacy application design and implementation approaches have led to applications that are costly to operate and maintain, hard to change, and rely on a dwindling set of skills, organizations are hoping that SOA provides a key component of the answer to these problems. Read on.
The current economic conditions and rapid changes in business environment require businesses to adapt quickly while reducing costs in the longer term. Companies, large and small, have embraced shared service infrastructure to gain competitive advantage. Mission-critical business processes and service components are used by a large number of internal and external applications, companies realise only a flexible and scalable shared service infrastructure will allow them to meet the demanding service levels required to compete in today’s business environment. Read more.
Changing markets, increasing competitive pressures and evolving customer needs are placing greater pressure on IT to deliver greater flexibility and speed. In response to these challenges, leading companies are adopting Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) as a means of delivering on these requirements by overcoming the complexity of their application and IT environments. Read on.
The Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) model has become the cornerstone of business computing. Its ability to greatly accelerate the development of business-critical applications promotes business agility, decreases time-to-value and total cost of ownership (TCO), and greatly increases the efficiency and strategic value of IT. SOA implementations tend to be complex, IT decision makers should carefully consider their choice of a SOA platform in terms of its ability to simplify the fundamental development, deployment, and management tasks involved. Read on.
The Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) model has become the cornerstone of business computing. Its ability to greatly accelerate the development of business-critical applications promotes business agility, decreases time-to-value and total cost of ownership (TCO), and greatly increases the efficiency and strategic value of IT. Beyond mere application development, it has become the favored approach for solving application and
Companies worldwide are actively deploying service-oriented architecture (SOA) infrastructures using web services, both in intranet and extranet environments. While web services offer many advantages over traditional alternatives (e.g., distributed objects or custom software), deploying networks of interconnected web services still presents key challenges, especially in terms of security and management. Read more.
Oracle SOA Suite is a comprehensive, hot-pluggable software suite to build, deploy and manage Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA). The components of the suite benefit from common capabilities including consistent tooling, a single deployment and management model, end-to-end security and unified metadata management. Read more.
You are about to get a lot smarter about Enterprise Business Process Management (BPM ). T his article is the first in a series of our soon-to-be-published book, “The Intelligent Guide to Enterprise BPM .” So consider this first article your all-important primer.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- WikiLeaks: CIA used bits of Carberp Trojan code for malware deployment
- Chinese hackers go after third-party IT suppliers to steal data
- Intel divests McAfee after rough marriage, will now secure hardware
- LastPass is scrambling to fix another serious vulnerability
- BlackBerry readies a more secure version of the Samsung Galaxy S7
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCData Warehouse SpecialistQLD
- CCAutomation DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Implementation Manager - Wealth AdviceNSW
- TPSAS DeveloperWA
- TPTechnical Support Officer (Unix/Linux, Windows and Mac)VIC
- CCSystems AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Data Warehouse ConsultantNSW
- CCSecurity Architect Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerACT
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTReporting DeveloperSA
- FTSecurity Architect - Perth BasedQLD
- FTSenior Agile Test AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager (Office 365 / Mobility)QLD
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - FinanceQLD
- CCSenior System AdministratorQLD
- CCTraining Lead - TelcoVIC
- FTIT Service Owner - Supply Chain TechnologiesNSW
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager Office 365 ImplementationVIC
- TPLevel 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- FTSenior / Lead iOS DeveloperNSW
- TPTesting SpecialistQLD