More and more organizations are looking to service-oriented architecture (SOA) as the basis of their future computer architecture. Recognizing that legacy application design and implementation approaches have led to applications that are costly to operate and maintain, hard to change, and rely on a dwindling set of skills, organizations are hoping that SOA provides a key component of the answer to these problems. Read on.
The current economic conditions and rapid changes in business environment require businesses to adapt quickly while reducing costs in the longer term. Companies, large and small, have embraced shared service infrastructure to gain competitive advantage. Mission-critical business processes and service components are used by a large number of internal and external applications, companies realise only a flexible and scalable shared service infrastructure will allow them to meet the demanding service levels required to compete in today’s business environment. Read more.
Changing markets, increasing competitive pressures and evolving customer needs are placing greater pressure on IT to deliver greater flexibility and speed. In response to these challenges, leading companies are adopting Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) as a means of delivering on these requirements by overcoming the complexity of their application and IT environments. Read on.
The Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) model has become the cornerstone of business computing. Its ability to greatly accelerate the development of business-critical applications promotes business agility, decreases time-to-value and total cost of ownership (TCO), and greatly increases the efficiency and strategic value of IT. SOA implementations tend to be complex, IT decision makers should carefully consider their choice of a SOA platform in terms of its ability to simplify the fundamental development, deployment, and management tasks involved. Read on.
The Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) model has become the cornerstone of business computing. Its ability to greatly accelerate the development of business-critical applications promotes business agility, decreases time-to-value and total cost of ownership (TCO), and greatly increases the efficiency and strategic value of IT. Beyond mere application development, it has become the favored approach for solving application and
Companies worldwide are actively deploying service-oriented architecture (SOA) infrastructures using web services, both in intranet and extranet environments. While web services offer many advantages over traditional alternatives (e.g., distributed objects or custom software), deploying networks of interconnected web services still presents key challenges, especially in terms of security and management. Read more.
Oracle SOA Suite is a comprehensive, hot-pluggable software suite to build, deploy and manage Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA). The components of the suite benefit from common capabilities including consistent tooling, a single deployment and management model, end-to-end security and unified metadata management. Read more.
You are about to get a lot smarter about Enterprise Business Process Management (BPM ). T his article is the first in a series of our soon-to-be-published book, “The Intelligent Guide to Enterprise BPM .” So consider this first article your all-important primer.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT