SharePoint 2013’s social features are powerful tools to empower collaboration and accelerate adoption of the platform. Unfortunately, those features are widely misunderstood, and therefore the benefits of SharePoint social are lost. This white paper will help you to answer basic questions about SharePoint social. Read on.
SharePoint 2013’s social features are powerful tools to empower collaboration and accelerate adoption of the platform. Unfortunately, those features are widely misunderstood, and therefore the benefits of SharePoint social are lost. Discover how you can make the most of these new features to ensure SharePoint adoption and collaboration while maintaining security best practices in this on-demand webcast.
It has never been more critical that you use the proper tools to customise Web application platforms in order to meet the unique needs of your organisation or line of business. In this paper we share several options for how to easily customise the development options and discover how our solutions enable you to deploy applications quickly, eliminating the need for costly custom development. Click for more!
Governance for all is more than an IT initiative, it’s a strategy that unites IT and business content owners to achieve their shared goals. At its best, governance means empowering self-governance, with tools like delegated access, effective reporting, and automated policy enforcement. This whitepaper explains how to create a “governance for all” strategy that will enhance shared adoption and its benefits to the organization. Read now.
More and more business applications are being created by “citizen developers” - end users who are not IT developers but who create solutions for themselves and their groups. This white paper explores six reasons to embrace citizen development in an intelligent way that minimises risks and maximises the return on your investment. Read now.
IT managers are keenly aware of the investment their organisations have made in SharePoint and the many advantages it offers, including improvements in content collaboration, access to business intelligence, data security, compliance and auditing. But this is lagging because users simply don’t care about all of these advantages. Fortunately, there are practices that lead to successful adoption. Adopting those practices, and avoiding techniques that only turn users off, is a proven path to SharePoint success. Learn more.
Effective management of your SharePoint environment is critical to its security, reliability and usefulness to your organisation. This tech brief explores the native options for managing IT solutions and explains how management solutions complement those native tools, with a focus on reporting, security, storage, backup and recovery, and user adoption.
Ceridian is a leading global professional services company that helps organisations control costs, save time, optimise their workforce, grow revenue and minimise financial risk. Ceridian needed to surface SQL Server data and reduce its application development time without relying on expensive custom coding. Learn how their business solution excelled.
This white paper details a number of best practices for migrating to from one IT solution to the next. These best practices, including establishing good governance, considering data externalisation and developing an effective communication plan are put to the test. Click to download
Cloud-based computing represents a powerful new option for managing enterprise content, offering increased flexibility, efficiency, and reduced cost for IT infrastructure, data storage, and applications. However, for a variety of business and technical reasons, most organisations will take a phased approach to adopting cloud-based services, which will require them to continue to maintain their on-premises SharePoint environments during the transition. This white paper, written by Chris Beckett from SharePoint Bits, discusses some of the benefits and risks of hybrid SharePoint deployments, and presents governance considerations that are essential for ensuring a successful migration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
- Start-up sells a stamp-sized Linux server for $5
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- IBM targets x86 server territory with new Power servers
- As Dell and HPE revamp, Lenovo sets sights on enterprise cloud servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPNetwork Security OfficerVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerQLD
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- TPTest ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCIntegration Systems SpecialistQLD
- FTFull Stack PHP DevelopersQLD
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCProject Manager - TelcoVIC
- CCTester- InfrastructureACT
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCServiceNow Project ManagerNSW
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW