These days IT teams must support a multiplicity of devices, operating systems and work habits. This paper helps readers learn how best to simplify administration and secure vital data. • To capitalize on mobility, enterprises need to provide employees with access to corporate data and applications anytime, anywhere • Organizations need to expand access to corporate networks without exposing the organization to threats • Organizations must have the flexibility to accommodate a wide range of variables today and lay the groundwork for future developments
The balance between employees’ satisfaction and protection has always been a struggle for IT administrators. There is a clear trend that secure access to enterprise and cloud resources has become a top priority and the challenge has become how you can balance security needs whilst keeping costs down and access convenient. This whitepaper looks at the recent innovations in two-factor authentication and how enterprises successfully walk this tightrope.
Organizations are more willing now than ever before to consider Cloud and SaaS ERP deployment models. As a growing company it is critical that you have a deployment model that best fits your requirements for cost, scalability and flexibility. In this whitepaper, we look at the increased willingness of organisations to consider the SaaS model for their ERP solutions; current ERP deployment statistics, and why SaaS may be attractive to smaller companies.
In a study by the University of Bradford study, we look at the benefits of a strong telepresence and how organisations can become faster, more focused and environmentally responsible. Click to download!
With the challenges of sovereign debt, economic malaise, youth unemployment, resource scarcity, we may need to rethink and rebuild many of the organisations and industries that have served us well for decades, but have reached the end of their life cycles. In this report we discuss the new approaches in mass collaboration and how new innovations will change the face of today's workplace.
People working together can achieve extraordinary things, yet when organisations are dispersed around the country, it can be challenging to bring people together to unlock their potential. In this whitepaper, we look at five ways in which a strong telepresence can enable people to work together in real time and accelerate decision making while saving time and improving working relationships. Click to download!
Given how deeply businesses rely on their SAP systems, it’s simple to see that maximizing performance and uptime is critical. What’s not so simple is figuring out how to understand, let alone optimize, performance in these complex, dynamic, and interrelated ecosystems. This paper offers five best practices that can help administrators more effectively measure and improve SAP performance.
A core challenge for many organizations adopting SharePoint is that even basic development tasks can require a major investment in time and resources. Once SharePoint is entrenched in an organization, and its usage requirements become more complex, much more work must be devoted to satisfying those requirements. This paper will first explain how frustrations arise as usage requirements become more complex, then provide guidance to help you address these frustrations.
This paper focuses on some of the most common platforms that content can be moved from: Windows Server file shares, Exchange public folders, and previous versions of SharePoint. However, the strategies discussed can also be applied to content from other sources, such as Documentum, Novell or UNIX file shares, Notes databases, and web sites.
By discovering the challenges covered in this paper, you can help ensure that your SharePoint environment will be healthier and more stable, and over time provide a better collaborative platform and toolset to the user community. And the resulting well managed SharePoint environment will be easier to modify or extend to meet ever-evolving requests and requirements of your users. In addition to providing best practices and lessons learned about what it takes to effectively manage a SharePoint 2010 environment, this paper also provides information on Quest Software solutions that can help with SharePoint management and administration challenges.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Drupal fixes critical access bypass vulnerability
- Apple will return heat generated by data center to warm up homes
- Microsoft will cut services to standalone Office users so they’ll subscribe to Office 365
- Microsoft commits to a permament schedule for new Windows 10, Office updates
- Surveys show high hopes, deep concerns about IoT
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTIntegration DeveloperWA
- FTUI/UX DesignerSA
- TPSenior .NET Developer (Angular or React)NSW
- TPProgram Manager - 12 month contractQLD
- FT.Net Developer - work on cutting edge BAU projectsVIC
- TPIT Service ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Finance Business Analyst, Superannuation, WealthNSW
- FTService Desk - Level 1 SupportVIC
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- FTAsst. Director - Claim Analysis. Work Location - CanberraACT
- TPSecurity Controls Specialist - ISO 27002VIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - FinTech - Product DevelopmentNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- FTSAP ABAP Technical specialistACT
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsQLD
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- CCA/V OfficerNSW
- CCOracle DeveloperVIC
- FTSystem Administrator App-VACT
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD
- FTDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- FTNetwork Engineer - CCNP - WeipaQLD
- FTDeveloper - Python, Ruby, or PerlQLD
- CCDelivery Project ManagerVIC