Given the advances attackers have been making, it is very unlikely that organizations will be able to keep motivated and patient adversaries out of their networks. In most cases, the best one can hope for is to detect targeted attacks early and limit the amount of information the attackers can obtain access to. In this whitepaper, we identify the timeline of a typical attack sequence and the tools available for implementing custom defence strategies.
Advanced Persistent Threats strive to remain undetected in the network in order to gain access to the valuable data. Once in, it can be an arduous task for system administrators to detect any malicious activity in the network. In this whitepaper, we look at the methods used for malicious activity and what efforts can be taken to mitigate the problem.
Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs) refer to a category of threats that aggressively pursue and chosen targets that over time attempt to get deeper into their network. For Enterprises, this is a high priority threat as human and systemic weaknesses can be mitigated with correct practices and solutions. In this report we look at targeted attack campaigns and how these can be mitigated.
Cybercriminals have increasingly turned their attention to the web, which has become by far the predominant area of attack. Those who would do harm to our computer systems for profit or malice always manage to focus their efforts on our most vulnerable weak spots. Today, that is the web, for a wide number of reasons. Download to find out why and what you can do to protect yourself.
At one point, it seemed that phishing was receding to the status of a minor issue threatening only naïve consumers. However new cybercriminals and phishing techniques have lead this to become a greater concern. Download how to find out how phishing became the No. 1 web threat, and which web security solution can best protect your company.
The latest version of the flagship McAfee® Gateway Anti-Malware technology adapts to new threats and plans for future threats with a modular design that allows for the easy addition of components for maximum flexibility for future malicious exploit trends.
As small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs) take advantage of the compelling benefits of the transformations in their IT computing infrastructure they should also re-think how they deal with the corresponding vulnerabilities, threats and risks. Specifically, email security, web security and secure file sharing should be considered foundational security capabilities for every small and mid-sized business, in addition to anti-virus and firewalls.
In this whitepaper, we look at the challenges with endpoint security in virtualised environments - including the inherent risks of dynamic virtual machines and the resource impact of security software such as virus scanners in multiple guest virtual machines, on a single physical host. Find out how these challenges through a new standard for virtualised datacentre security, which combines proven threat protection and an innovative architecture for virtualised environments. Click to download!
This paper provides insight into where fake antivirus comes from and how it is distributed, what happens when a system is infected with fake antivirus, and how to stop this persistent threat from infecting your network and your users.
James Ferreira, CIO for the New Mexico State Attorney General's office, had a choice to make to support his growing organization: upgrade to a more costly enterprise license for Microsoft Exchange or find a business-grade alternative at a better price. Ferreira investigated his options, searching for something with ample inbox storage quotas, easy backup, data redundancy, and low maintenance. Google Apps Premier Edition emerged as the clear winner. It offered 25GB inboxes, anti-virus/anti-spam and disaster recovery – all at $50 per user per year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- That moment when you realize you're exchanging emails with a robot
- Google's Inbox uses machine learning to speed up email replies
- Google's Gmail finally adds the ability to block email, but there's a better way
- New Cryptolocker variant discovered targeting Australians
- Twitter gobbles up more cookies with retargeted ads, says users have privacy choices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCData ArchitectSA
- CCProject Analyst/ CoordinatorVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCSpatial DeveloperQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCChange ManagerACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW