In this whitepaper, we look at the challenges with endpoint security in virtualised environments - including the inherent risks of dynamic virtual machines and the resource impact of security software such as virus scanners in multiple guest virtual machines, on a single physical host. Find out how these challenges through a new standard for virtualised datacentre security, which combines proven threat protection and an innovative architecture for virtualised environments. Click to download!
Given the advances attackers have been making, it is very unlikely that organizations will be able to keep motivated and patient adversaries out of their networks. In most cases, the best one can hope for is to detect targeted attacks early and limit the amount of information the attackers can obtain access to. In this whitepaper, we identify the timeline of a typical attack sequence and the tools available for implementing custom defence strategies.
Advanced Persistent Threats strive to remain undetected in the network in order to gain access to the valuable data. Once in, it can be an arduous task for system administrators to detect any malicious activity in the network. In this whitepaper, we look at the methods used for malicious activity and what efforts can be taken to mitigate the problem.
Cybercriminals have increasingly turned their attention to the web, which has become by far the predominant area of attack. Those who would do harm to our computer systems for profit or malice always manage to focus their efforts on our most vulnerable weak spots. Today, that is the web, for a wide number of reasons. Download to find out why and what you can do to protect yourself.
As small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs) take advantage of the compelling benefits of the transformations in their IT computing infrastructure they should also re-think how they deal with the corresponding vulnerabilities, threats and risks. Specifically, email security, web security and secure file sharing should be considered foundational security capabilities for every small and mid-sized business, in addition to anti-virus and firewalls.
The latest version of the flagship McAfee® Gateway Anti-Malware technology adapts to new threats and plans for future threats with a modular design that allows for the easy addition of components for maximum flexibility for future malicious exploit trends.
At one point, it seemed that phishing was receding to the status of a minor issue threatening only naïve consumers. However new cybercriminals and phishing techniques have lead this to become a greater concern. Download how to find out how phishing became the No. 1 web threat, and which web security solution can best protect your company.
James Ferreira, CIO for the New Mexico State Attorney General's office, had a choice to make to support his growing organization: upgrade to a more costly enterprise license for Microsoft Exchange or find a business-grade alternative at a better price. Ferreira investigated his options, searching for something with ample inbox storage quotas, easy backup, data redundancy, and low maintenance. Google Apps Premier Edition emerged as the clear winner. It offered 25GB inboxes, anti-virus/anti-spam and disaster recovery – all at $50 per user per year.
This paper provides insight into where fake antivirus comes from and how it is distributed, what happens when a system is infected with fake antivirus, and how to stop this persistent threat from infecting your network and your users.
Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs) refer to a category of threats that aggressively pursue and chosen targets that over time attempt to get deeper into their network. For Enterprises, this is a high priority threat as human and systemic weaknesses can be mitigated with correct practices and solutions. In this report we look at targeted attack campaigns and how these can be mitigated.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Drupal fixes critical access bypass vulnerability
- Apple will return heat generated by data center to warm up homes
- Microsoft will cut services to standalone Office users so they’ll subscribe to Office 365
- Microsoft commits to a permament schedule for new Windows 10, Office updates
- Surveys show high hopes, deep concerns about IoT
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCDocument ControllerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCFull Stack Developers x4!QLD
- FTChange Management LeadNSW
- FTDigital ProducerNSW
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- FTPMO Lead, Project Delivery PracticeNSW
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieQLD
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsNSW
- CCSolution Designer with PEGA experience- TelcoVIC
- FTTIBCO Support Analyst - PERM DESKVIC
- FTSecurity Engineer (IPS & Firewall exp essential) - Perm - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)WA
- FTSystems Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- TPBI AnalystQLD
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- TPSenior Project Officer HSQQLD
- FTERP Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTWindows Server Engineer MCSE, SCCM, SCOM, PowershellNSW
- TPTesting SpecialistQLD
- CCOracle DeveloperVIC
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerACT
- FTWeb Developers - .Net DevelopersNSW