One of Australasia’s largest and most successful recruitment and human capital management companies share their success story after recruiting a user virtualization platform, giving them control over the users and devices that have access to specific applications.
Challenges: - Legacy disk-based SAN performance plummeted with the addition of just 10 VDI users. - The management complexities of the legacy disk-based SAN did not allow for a "set-it-and-forget-it" operation, but the organization required simplicity. Results: - Currently supporting 250 virtual desktops, with more to be deployed - Reduced latency to sub-millisecond - Dramatically simplified storage management - Achieved 12-to-1 data reduction
It’s high time we tamed the monster we created! Against a backdrop of sustained and uncontrollable data growth, most of today’s operational problems revolve around backup and recovery. Understanding the hidden costs and implications for data protection strategies is critical, but the complexity of the nebulous and amorphous cloud can make everything hazy. This white paper breaks it down to different dimensions of virtualisation and how to deliver the productivity and flexibility it promises.
Sales people spend more time out of the office than in. When they are out of the office, they need information at their fingertips, whether it is viewing information on potential clients, editing documents, taking notes and contact management. In this whitepaper, we look at the level of access needed by workers on the road, and how enterprises can deliver a more mobile, collaborative and data-rich business world. Click to download!
Greater flexibility, improved performance, lower costs – the list of cloud benefits goes on and on. While moving your financial system to the cloud may seem straightforward, truly realizing the advantages of the cloud requires a complete understanding how it will integrate with existing applications and systems.
This valuable resource explores the need for seamless integration when adopting a cloud strategy, and introduces an approach that can ease your integration woes. Read on to learn more now.
As a workforce becomes more mobile, there is a risk of creating a VPN tunnel that enables every employee’s remote device to become an extension of the corporate network. While VPN solutions serve as a vehicle for delivering remove access to the corporate network, they can enable sensitive data to leave the protection and security of the corporate network. Find out how to identify and resolve this growing problem.
While their critical business initiatives may vary, a standard set of objectives driving the need for automation has emerged as being best practice for organisations adopting IT process automation. In this whitepaper, we explore the top ten reasons why CIOs, managers, and production support teams are adopting IT process automation. Click for more!
Over the past few years, managing data centre environments has become one of the most costly functions of IT, with over 70% of budgets going toward the management of existing systems. While IT teams are under more pressure than ever to reduce costs and risks while delivering increasing value to the business, find out how to deliver on conflicting expectations. Click to Download!
Now that the dust has settled from the initial cloud excitement, IT's main task in delivering reliable services in a cost-effective way remains unchanged. However IT services are expected to consume services from in-house IT departments the same way they do from cloud providers - with their speed, agility and flexibility. In this whitepaper, we look at how others meet this demand. Click to download!
IT organizations around the globe are in search of technological solutions that address their increasingly complex business challenges. Many of these challenges have come from the need for instant gratification from highly mobile, interactive, and always-connected consumers and users. Organisations are transforming their traditional IT models into an optimal blend of private and public cloud services along with traditional IT to achieve greater organisational agility, flexibility, and cost-efficiency. Click to find out how!
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Extreme swallows Zebra’s WLAN biz for $55 million
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTJnr Security SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- FTMDM - ConsultantNSW
- TPSenior Applications Support AnalystSA
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- CCChange and Communications AnalystQLD
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW
- TPIT Sercurity EngineerVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT