This paper discusses the new generation of web security offerings provided by service providers in the cloud, where protection is applied at the point where the threats are being seen—that is, directed at web-based applications. In taking the protection nearer to the threats, organisations can benefit from vastly improved internet security as the threats are stopped before they ever reach the network.
British Telecommunications depends heavily on its database infrastructure to support critical business applications. But the complexity of managing thousands of databases representing a mix of products, versions, operating systems, and hardware was taking a toll. Read more.
This whitepaper provides an overview of the evaluation process a Global Fortune 500 corporation completed to test the various features included in Oracle Advanced Compression Option, as well as the impact on space and performance they experienced.
One of Australasia’s largest and most successful recruitment and human capital management companies share their success story after recruiting a user virtualization platform, giving them control over the users and devices that have access to specific applications.
The expanded capabilities of mobile devices, such as an inbuilt camera and geo-targeting, can create unique opportunities to rethink and redesign business processes which take full advantage of true mobility. For example, a number of banks have recently deployed “deposit applications”, which let customers take a picture of a cheque in order to make a deposit. Mobile devices are not a passing event, but a shift in the computing landscape that presents unique challenges for IT teams. Find out how to best take advantage of the capabilities of mobile devices and what IT Enterprises need to consider in their implementation.
It has never been more critical that you use the proper tools to customise Web application platforms in order to meet the unique needs of your organisation or line of business. In this paper we share several options for how to easily customise the development options and discover how our solutions enable you to deploy applications quickly, eliminating the need for costly custom development. Click for more!
Effective management of your SharePoint environment is critical to its security, reliability and usefulness to your organisation. This tech brief explores the native options for managing IT solutions and explains how management solutions complement those native tools, with a focus on reporting, security, storage, backup and recovery, and user adoption.
The City of Los Angeles has 30,000+ employees and 44 different departments. When the city’s information technology agency, responsible for managing enterprise applications, was facing a $400 million deficit, it looked to Google Apps to provide the richest, most cost-effective and efficient communication solutions.
On March 22nd, 2011, Oracle announced that it would stop development of all of its software on the Itanium platform. Oracle will provide support for existing Oracle/Itanium customers on today’s products — but customers looking to take advantage of future features and functions will be forced to switch platforms. As Joe Clabby once told a reporter: “if my CIO brought me a recommendation to buy an Itanium-based server — I’d fire that CIO. From our perspective, the server market is in the midst of major consolidation and realignment. x86, Power Systems, and System z are experiencing solid growth, whilst Oracle’s Sun SPARC lines are suffering — as are HP’s Itanium lines. The first Itanium server in the Top 500 supercomputer listings of November, 2009, that we could find occupied a position at #490. In November, 2010 (the last tally), we found NO HP Itanium-based servers in the Top500. By contrast, IBM’s scale-up POWER-based servers held 38 positions in the Top500. CEOs and CIOs need to understand that advanced systems platforms are now able to execute a new class of analytics-driven applications. The midrange/high-end market is shifting — and Itanium does not appear to be positioned to ride through this shift.
Cloud or not, the fundamental obligations of service delivery don't change. IT executives need to be able to demonstrate to business stakeholders that moving to the cloud actually worked and that applications are available and performing for customers. A key challenge for CIOs is to find efficient ways to demonstrate service performance to stakeholders and to hold individual cloud providers accountable for theirs. Without such visibility you may have cloud but you will have service performance shrouded in fog. Learn more.
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HP upgrades the Envy 13 laptop with Kaby Lake, debuts the 4K Envy 27 display
- HP's Spectre x360 puts Kaby Lake and Thunderbolt into a thinner, faster package
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectQLD
- TPData AnalystWA
- FTSalesforce Technical Consultant/Architect Global IT Company - SydneyNSW
- CCTest Automation EngineerVIC
- TPIT Project Manager - Office relocationVIC
- FTConsultant Business AnalystQLD
- TPMobile DeveloperWA
- CCAgile CoachNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerNSW
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- FTSenior .Net Developer with Silverlight proficiencyVIC
- CCFullstack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- FTPart Time - IT Service Desk AnalystVIC
- FTDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Permanent - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - NetApp SpecialistNSW
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- TPService Desk Analyst - Level 1VIC
- CCSenior Life 400 DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Networks Specialist - DNS PlatformVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD