Mobile devices are not just another type of endpoint. Inherent features (e.g., camera, accelerometer, proximity sensor, etc.) coupled with the always-connected, readily available nature of these devices represent an opportunity for improvement in enterprise user productivity.
Enterprises can begin to realize this potential by allowing use of corporate data in both custom-built and commercially available mobile apps. Mobile workflows resulting from interactions between these apps can be faster and more intuitive than those on a PC. However, the need to always retain control over corporate data should give an enterprise pause before sanctioning the widespread use of sensitive business information on mobile devices.
Looking to improve your customer service? This whitepaper lists 52 apps that offer comprehensive platforms and innovative tools to engage and interact with customers at every stage of the relationship – with live chat, co-browsing, integrated social communications, and much more.
The days of relying solely on local storage and in-house servers to deliver your data are well behind us. These days, it makes sense to move some (if not all) of your business’s services into the Cloud.
From email to document management, much can be achieved with Internet services that can be accessed from anywhere in the world. The main benefit is that a proper Cloud service can make it easier to manage and share information with your workers and help boost productivity.
Here, then, are the main reasons to consider a service such as Google Apps.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Extreme swallows Zebra’s WLAN biz for $55 million
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCMiddleware SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect- Agile,Infr & Apps, Govt backgroundNSW
- FTSupport LeadNSW
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Markets and ProductsNSW
- CCMid level Business AnalystQLD
- TPGIS OfficerQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst/Systems Analyst (DW/BI)ACT
- CCProject Reporting Officer - Tabelau exp - 6 mth contract - Nth SydneyNSW
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution Architect - BRISBANE BASEDVIC
- FTJunior Web Developer | Django | Python | AWS | PostgreSQL | North Sydney NSW
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectSA
- TPHelpdesk/Level 1 SupportQLD
- CCTest Engineer - .NETNSW
- CCVBA DeveloperNSW
- FTBizTalk Developer X3VIC
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia
- FTCommercial Contracts Manager - DefenceSA
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- CCSenior Network EngineerACT