Mobile devices are not just another type of endpoint. Inherent features (e.g., camera, accelerometer, proximity sensor, etc.) coupled with the always-connected, readily available nature of these devices represent an opportunity for improvement in enterprise user productivity.
Enterprises can begin to realize this potential by allowing use of corporate data in both custom-built and commercially available mobile apps. Mobile workflows resulting from interactions between these apps can be faster and more intuitive than those on a PC. However, the need to always retain control over corporate data should give an enterprise pause before sanctioning the widespread use of sensitive business information on mobile devices.
Looking to improve your customer service? This whitepaper lists 52 apps that offer comprehensive platforms and innovative tools to engage and interact with customers at every stage of the relationship – with live chat, co-browsing, integrated social communications, and much more.
The days of relying solely on local storage and in-house servers to deliver your data are well behind us. These days, it makes sense to move some (if not all) of your business’s services into the Cloud.
From email to document management, much can be achieved with Internet services that can be accessed from anywhere in the world. The main benefit is that a proper Cloud service can make it easier to manage and share information with your workers and help boost productivity.
Here, then, are the main reasons to consider a service such as Google Apps.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Extreme swallows Zebra’s WLAN biz for $55 million
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior UX DesignerNSW
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Platform Developer/ArchitectNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- CCAgile Project ManagerQLD
- FTCommercial Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- RFQ, Test Manager- Government backgroundNSW
- FTCommercial, Contract, Vendor ManagementVIC
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperOther
- CCSenior Security Analyst | 6mth ContractQLD
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)ACT
- CCSoftware Developer - LMSNSW
- CCSAP HR & Payroll Project ManagerACT
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- CCInformation Security ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Reporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- TPChange ManagerQLD
- CCProject Manager - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW