Mobile devices are not just another type of endpoint. Inherent features (e.g., camera, accelerometer, proximity sensor, etc.) coupled with the always-connected, readily available nature of these devices represent an opportunity for improvement in enterprise user productivity.
Enterprises can begin to realize this potential by allowing use of corporate data in both custom-built and commercially available mobile apps. Mobile workflows resulting from interactions between these apps can be faster and more intuitive than those on a PC. However, the need to always retain control over corporate data should give an enterprise pause before sanctioning the widespread use of sensitive business information on mobile devices.
Looking to improve your customer service? This whitepaper lists 52 apps that offer comprehensive platforms and innovative tools to engage and interact with customers at every stage of the relationship – with live chat, co-browsing, integrated social communications, and much more.
The days of relying solely on local storage and in-house servers to deliver your data are well behind us. These days, it makes sense to move some (if not all) of your business’s services into the Cloud.
From email to document management, much can be achieved with Internet services that can be accessed from anywhere in the world. The main benefit is that a proper Cloud service can make it easier to manage and share information with your workers and help boost productivity.
Here, then, are the main reasons to consider a service such as Google Apps.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Jobs for NSW backs fintech accelerator
- Open data demands a double-edged sword for fintechs, ANZ says
- Aussie fintech startup secures $US3 million investment funding
- Australia could become the FinTech Hub of Asia
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProject Communications and Engagement SpecialistQLD
- FTSystems Development Assistant Team LeadNSW
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTRegional Market Manager - Wide Bay RegionQLD
- FTSecurity Support Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- CCSenior Test Analyst x2QLD
- CCTest Analyst - Infrastructure - NV1 ClearanceACT
- FTTesting and Quality Assurance AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- CCAutomation DeveloperNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- CCIT Information Architect..VIC
- TPOffice 365 Deployment SupportQLD
- CCVMware AdministratorNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager - ApplicationsNSW
- CCPerl Developer l Port Macquarie or QueanbeyanACT
- TPIT Service ManagerNSW
- CCOracle DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystACT
- FTTechnical Architect - Network /InfrastructureQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst (BI Focus)WA
- FTSenior Network Security EngineerACT
- FTTeam AssistantVIC
- CCIT End to End UX Designer.VIC