Backup and recovery has become an essential element of data protection. The availability and integrity of data can directly impact revenues, profits, and company reputations. The people, process and infrastructure involved can also affect key business initiatives. This whitepaper explains the real challenges of traditional architecture, and why protection storage architecture might be the solution.
This whitepaper discusses best practice in data protection monitoring, with a focus on recoverability and visibility as significant drivers for success. Whether backing up a private cloud or several smaller environments, learn how a unified view is necessary for proactively reporting protection, compliance to auditors, and understanding overall data protection health, performance, and reliability.
Virtualization affords organizations multiple opportunities to reduce power, optimize hardware utilization, improve application availability and ultimately drive down costs. In light of its benefits, it is no surprise that virtualization penetration has surpassed 50% of all server workloads and continues to grow. In this guide, we evaluate prominent virtual server backup software solutions and identify their strengths and weaknesses.
It’s high time we tamed the monster we created! Against a backdrop of sustained and uncontrollable data growth, most of today’s operational problems revolve around backup and recovery. Understanding the hidden costs and implications for data protection strategies is critical, but the complexity of the nebulous and amorphous cloud can make everything hazy. This white paper breaks it down to different dimensions of virtualisation and how to deliver the productivity and flexibility it promises.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCProject Engineer (Microwave)SA
- FTSAP Team Lead - Configuration ManagementACT
- FTServer Infrastructure Team LeaderACT
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Security and Risk ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution Designer - Investment/Trading PlatformNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystACT
- CCWeb Services Tester- Test AnalystNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceNSW
- TPProject Manager | Sunshine Coast Location - Sea Change?QLD
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- PTService Management Analyst (Part-Time)SA
- FTBusiness Analyst (Payment Systems Project)QLD
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerSA
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCIT Specialist - Application Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer)ACT
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- CCSenior PMO Coordinator, FinanceNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCAngular DeveloperNSW