Backup and recovery has become an essential element of data protection. The availability and integrity of data can directly impact revenues, profits, and company reputations. The people, process and infrastructure involved can also affect key business initiatives. This whitepaper explains the real challenges of traditional architecture, and why protection storage architecture might be the solution.
This whitepaper discusses best practice in data protection monitoring, with a focus on recoverability and visibility as significant drivers for success. Whether backing up a private cloud or several smaller environments, learn how a unified view is necessary for proactively reporting protection, compliance to auditors, and understanding overall data protection health, performance, and reliability.
Virtualization affords organizations multiple opportunities to reduce power, optimize hardware utilization, improve application availability and ultimately drive down costs. In light of its benefits, it is no surprise that virtualization penetration has surpassed 50% of all server workloads and continues to grow. In this guide, we evaluate prominent virtual server backup software solutions and identify their strengths and weaknesses.
It’s high time we tamed the monster we created! Against a backdrop of sustained and uncontrollable data growth, most of today’s operational problems revolve around backup and recovery. Understanding the hidden costs and implications for data protection strategies is critical, but the complexity of the nebulous and amorphous cloud can make everything hazy. This white paper breaks it down to different dimensions of virtualisation and how to deliver the productivity and flexibility it promises.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC