It’s high time we tamed the monster we created! Against a backdrop of sustained and uncontrollable data growth, most of today’s operational problems revolve around backup and recovery. Understanding the hidden costs and implications for data protection strategies is critical, but the complexity of the nebulous and amorphous cloud can make everything hazy. This white paper breaks it down to different dimensions of virtualisation and how to deliver the productivity and flexibility it promises.
Virtualization affords organizations multiple opportunities to reduce power, optimize hardware utilization, improve application availability and ultimately drive down costs. In light of its benefits, it is no surprise that virtualization penetration has surpassed 50% of all server workloads and continues to grow. In this guide, we evaluate prominent virtual server backup software solutions and identify their strengths and weaknesses.
This whitepaper discusses best practice in data protection monitoring, with a focus on recoverability and visibility as significant drivers for success. Whether backing up a private cloud or several smaller environments, learn how a unified view is necessary for proactively reporting protection, compliance to auditors, and understanding overall data protection health, performance, and reliability.
Backup and recovery has become an essential element of data protection. The availability and integrity of data can directly impact revenues, profits, and company reputations. The people, process and infrastructure involved can also affect key business initiatives. This whitepaper explains the real challenges of traditional architecture, and why protection storage architecture might be the solution.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- These are the 3 big reveals from Microsoft's Surface event
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
- DDoS attack shows dangers of IoT 'running rampant'
- Despite concerns, analysts expect an OK for AT&T-Time Warner deal
- DNA testing for jobs may be on its way, warns Gartner
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness Analyst - SalesforceNSW
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW
- TPICT Procurement OfficerQLD
- FTDesktop Support EngineerWA
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectQLD
- FTNetwork & Gateway EngineerACT
- FTSalesforce Subject Matter ExpertNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - IT Solutions - GovernmentNSW
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - Be a part of the innovation programVIC
- FTHL7 Interface AnalystQLD
- CCIteration Manager - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (UNIX/Windows) 161028/ITA/003Asia
- TPJava Developers X 2QLD
- FTSystem Engineer l Applications & SOE PackagersNSW
- CCSenior C# .Net EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Process Analyst - Telco (Sydney CBD)NSW
- FTPega DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSecurity Consultant / SMENSW
- CCSenior Android Developer (6 month contract)NSW