Customers today are still grappling with subpar backup performance as systems outstrip the allotted backup window time. Strategies for data protection and recovery continue to be dictated by aggressive SLAs, rapid recovery, and ease of integration in existing environments. As a result, firms have started to embrace more disk-based data protection technologies, including purpose-built backup appliances (PBBAs) to protect and recover data and applications. This white paper explores the measurable benefits of PBBA systems for customers, with a focus on the increased use and adoption patterns of both integrated and targeted systems.
Virtualization affords organizations multiple opportunities to reduce power, optimize hardware utilization, improve application availability and ultimately drive down costs. In light of its benefits, it is no surprise that virtualization penetration has surpassed 50% of all server workloads and continues to grow. In this guide, we evaluate prominent virtual server backup software solutions and identify their strengths and weaknesses.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- IEEE sets new Ethernet standard that brings 5X the speed without disruptive cable changes
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- 5 ways Cisco could become an iPhone's best friend
- Skype is getting infused with conversational “bots”
- Anonabox promises a portable, streamlined way to use Tor to hide your online tracks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperACT
- CCInfrastructure Architect - CloudVIC
- CCIT Systems AnalystNSW
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Change Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringSA
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystVIC
- CCAPI DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraVIC
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperNSW
- FTAPI DeveloperNSW
- CCTest EngineerNSW
- CCOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACNSW
- FTAGILE Implementation ManagerNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperSA
- FTInfrastructure AnalystQLD
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- TPTechnical Specialist, Identity and Acess ManagementVIC
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ArchitectVIC
- FTLead Software EngineerQLD
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- FTFront End Developer - Team LeadNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectACT
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderQLD