Virtualization affords organizations multiple opportunities to reduce power, optimize hardware utilization, improve application availability and ultimately drive down costs. In light of its benefits, it is no surprise that virtualization penetration has surpassed 50% of all server workloads and continues to grow. In this guide, we evaluate prominent virtual server backup software solutions and identify their strengths and weaknesses.
Customers today are still grappling with subpar backup performance as systems outstrip the allotted backup window time. Strategies for data protection and recovery continue to be dictated by aggressive SLAs, rapid recovery, and ease of integration in existing environments. As a result, firms have started to embrace more disk-based data protection technologies, including purpose-built backup appliances (PBBAs) to protect and recover data and applications. This white paper explores the measurable benefits of PBBA systems for customers, with a focus on the increased use and adoption patterns of both integrated and targeted systems.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Business Process Analyst, FinanceNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- FTSCCM Applications PackagerWA
- CCProduction Manager / Digital ProducerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Back-end .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantWA
- CCIT Business Analyst- Infrastructure, BABOK- Government BackgrndNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCUser Access Review (UAR) DeveloperVIC