In this White Paper, IDC offers up some quantifiable benefits that Asian enterprises have observed as a result of deploying backup and recovery solutions.
· Many enterprises are finding that the backup and recovery processes and technologies that they have implemented have not kept pace with the demands of the business
· IDC identifies how organizations can experience savings and improvements from the deployment of different types of technologies
· The benefits fall into three categories: storage environment cost savings; end-user productivity enhancements; and IT staff productivity optimization
Top 5 reasons why EMC for archiving This whitepaper provides the top five reasons why organisations looking for the best-of-breed archive software and protection storage for a true end-to-end archive solution. · Archiving inactive data from tier-1 storage is a key way to save big
· Eliminate siloes for administration savings, while maximising overall storage efficiency, typically reducing archive and backup capacity required by 10-30x.
· Archiving solution that allows you to add virtual and physical servers to meet new demands
If you're like most businesses, data loss is not an option. That's why you need a protection strategy for your VNX that includes backup. This whitepaper details the best options out there for enhanced data protection.
For backup to be protection of the last resort, it must reside on reliable and cost- effective protection storage.
With the industry's most efficient deduplication, you can store months of backups on disk and quickly recover the data you need when you need it.
Built-in data integrity protection includes end-to-end data verification, fault-detection and self-healing, and ensures recovery every time.
This whitepaper details how Protection Storage Architecture can provide a data protection platform that can evolve with business and technical requirements.
Over the next few years, IT will be faced with a new set of data protection challenges, centered on delivering multiple data protection services
Transformational architecture not only enables backup teams to solve immediate tactical challenges but also helps IT teams keep business applications running
Protection Storage Architecture has three core components: protection storage, data source integration and data management services
(Tags: data protection, storage architecture, integration, data management, recovery, backup)
This whitepaper focuses on IDC research into twelve different organisations the benefits of relying on a consolidated approach to protecting backup and archive data.
These interviews provided valuable insight into the realized benefits of an integrated data protection strategy
IDC analyzed the data from three interviews and compared the results with data and insights from nine other interviews conducted previously
Customer benefits realized include strong ROI and annual savings, IT staff productivity optimization, and end-user productivity improvement
This whitepaper lists key things to look for when researching a deduplication storage solution, providing insight on solutions uniquely positioned to deliver tremendous business value. • All deduplication solutions can reduce your storage requirements. However, how efficiently they do it and whether your critical data can actually be reliably recovered vary greatly • Solutions that are a cut above provide the scale, performance and efficient replication you require • This paper focuses on new technology leadership, differentiation, and why it matters to you
How can you effectively manage your data backups when IT budgets are flat or declining? This whitepaper explains the technical and business reasons why one new innovative technology will change the way you do backups. • Traditional backups are too slow, inefficient, and unreliable for the typical data centre of today. • The definition of insanity is continuing to do the same thing over and over and expecting different results. It’s time to stop the insanity with your backup strategy. • A new solution can dramatically increase backup performance, reliability, operational and disaster recovery, and better leverages current infrastructure
Deduplication solutions are not all created equal, why data domain?
Traditional backups are just too slow, inefficient and unreliable for the typical data centre of today. The data being protected is growing dramatically and backup windows are often shrinking. This whitepaper discusses how you can effectively manage your backups when IT budgets are flat.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
- 5 Oppo F1s review: 2016 has another King of the Best Value phones
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Extreme swallows Zebra’s WLAN biz for $55 million
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW