Traditional backup architectures lack the flexibility, agility, and scale to meet new data protection challenges and requirements. That’s where a Protection Storage Architecture comes in. This whitepaper details how transformational architecture enables backup teams to solve immediate tactical challenges, while helping to evolve IT teams.
In this whitepaper, IDC analyses the true return on investment for businesses using a consolidated approach to data protection, versus more siloed backup and archiving techniques. IDC conducted in-depth interviews with several organizations to gain insight into the realized benefits of an integrated data protection strategy, both in terms of cost savings and productivity.
This whitepaper discusses best practice in data protection monitoring, with a focus on recoverability and visibility as significant drivers for success. Whether backing up a private cloud or several smaller environments, learn how a unified view is necessary for proactively reporting protection, compliance to auditors, and understanding overall data protection health, performance, and reliability.
Customers today are still grappling with subpar backup performance as systems outstrip the allotted backup window time. Strategies for data protection and recovery continue to be dictated by aggressive SLAs, rapid recovery, and ease of integration in existing environments. As a result, firms have started to embrace more disk-based data protection technologies, including purpose-built backup appliances (PBBAs) to protect and recover data and applications. This white paper explores the measurable benefits of PBBA systems for customers, with a focus on the increased use and adoption patterns of both integrated and targeted systems.
Backing up data today is growing more complex - and in an era of virtualisation, big data and cloud deployments, it can be difficult to maintain control over your data, resulting in loss and downtime. This hour-long webcast features expert commentary on navigating the complexity of backing up a heavily virtualised infrastructure; simplifying your backup software and hardware ecosystem; reducing the cost of backing up your organisation’s data, and modernising your backup infrastructure with integration. The presentations will conclude with an interactive Q&A session.
Backup is becoming more complex. In addition to protecting physical servers, solutions must handle virtual environments and efficiently manage growing volumes of data. This white paper provides analysis on the cost and performance of “champions” in the heterogeneous backup software market, and help mid to large sized enterprises choose the software and vendor that will best meet their specific backup and restore objectives at the lowest possible cost.
Virtualization affords organizations multiple opportunities to reduce power, optimize hardware utilization, improve application availability and ultimately drive down costs. In light of its benefits, it is no surprise that virtualization penetration has surpassed 50% of all server workloads and continues to grow. In this guide, we evaluate prominent virtual server backup software solutions and identify their strengths and weaknesses.
It’s high time we tamed the monster we created! Against a backdrop of sustained and uncontrollable data growth, most of today’s operational problems revolve around backup and recovery. Understanding the hidden costs and implications for data protection strategies is critical, but the complexity of the nebulous and amorphous cloud can make everything hazy. This white paper breaks it down to different dimensions of virtualisation and how to deliver the productivity and flexibility it promises.
When it comes to data back-up and recovery, the rules have changed. Virtualization has enabled IT organisations to become more efficient, but also more complex. This whitepaper addresses these new realities, and provides a comprehensive solution for virtual and physical environments, backup of applications and data, disaster recovery and replication of complete systems or applications, and for ensuring high availability of mission-critical services.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Dick Smith shareholders left out in the cold
- Corporate “No-Cloud” policy in 2020 will be as rare as a “No-Internet” policy today
- A UK 'Brexit' may have a sunny side for tech
- Top legal tips for startups in the digital space
- Google goes after SharePoint with new enterprise tools
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCData ArchitectSA
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- CCSalesforce Project ManagerQLD
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCWeb/Mobile Developer (Android)WA
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorNSW
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCProgram ManagementWA
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC