The need for robust datacentre security has never been greater, with CIOs having to account for budget constraints, cloud architectures and flat networks with fewer, natural ‘choke points.’ This whitepaper explores the best application delivery controller for building enterprise cloud networks.
This ESG whitepaper details how SMBs can get access to functional capabilities typically found in larger, enterprise-class arrays, but for an entry-level price. • When ESG surveyed 412 SMB IT and business professionals, only 18% of those surveyed cited that IT professionals are the technology decision makers • The need for advanced IT capabilities isn’t limited to big companies. Competent IT is an important philosophy for organisations of all sizes • SMBs and enterprise branch offices have less sophisticated operations and a smaller support staff, but they can still use technology to drive efficiencies
A lot of ICT outsourcing arrangements go off the rails, failing to achieve the financial objectives of one of the parties to the arrangement. This report discusses why ICT outsourcing arrangements rarely reduce the real costs for an outsourcing client without a significant change of scope or quality of service. • There are plenty of intangible benefits to be gained from outsourcing that don’t always translate into hard dollars • CFOs and CEOs may demand ICT cost reductions, and CIOs may be genuinely trying to meet these demands, but the underlying and real reason why companies go to outsourcing lies in other areas • This paper provides examples of how outsourcing ICT infrastructure can change the way you do business
Traditional backups are just too slow, inefficient and unreliable for the typical data centre of today. The data being protected is growing dramatically and backup windows are often shrinking. This whitepaper discusses how you can effectively manage your backups when IT budgets are flat.
IT departments have a huge opportunity to make their enterprises more agile, cost efficient and competitive by embracing the opportunities available through mobile devices and connectivity. Embracing mobility doesn't have to be complicated or costly - this report tells you how.
This whitepaper pushes mid-sized businesses to rethink what’s possible for their data storage and protection, explaining how to experience enterprise-class performance at an entry-level price point.
• A simple user interface can perform all block-and file-oriented operations • Advanced efficiency services, such as thin provisioning and file deduplication with compression, reduce initial capacity requirements by up to 50% • Continuous fault detection and self-healing ensure data stays correct and returns correctly so that data is recoverable and accessible throughout its lifecycle
Organisations of all shapes and sizes need a new approach to data protection that addresses the challenges of data growth, but IT budgets are not keeping pace with the escalating costs of supporting storage requirements. This whitepaper explores how securing and retrieving organisational data will need to be done more efficiently.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- DNA testing for jobs may be on its way, warns Gartner
- Gartner: A.I. to become a top business investment priority
- Thanks to Facebook, voter registrations surge
- Google Photos begins creating animations from videos, gets smarter about fixing sideways pictures
- Microsoft HoloLens eyes enterprise adoption amid crowded field
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/J2EE) 161025/AP/862Asia
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW
- CCSenior Project Specialist - SchedulingVIC
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- CCPerformance AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Security EngineerNSW
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 161026/AP/632Asia
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- CCSAP FIORIACT
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW