Business Intelligence systems have been helping organisations improve performance by providing better insights, better decisions and faster actions. Key Performance Indicators, or KPI’s, are measures with targets that help manage business and individual performance. Scorecards help organisations define strategy, identify goals and objectives, achieve alignment and monitor performance in context of business goals and objectives. Read on.
Business Intelligence systems have been helping organizations improve performance by providing better insights, better decisions and faster actions. Key Performance Indicators, or KPI’s, are measures with targets that help manage business and individual performance. Scorecards help organizations define strategy, identify goals and objectives, achieve alignment and monitor performance in context of business goals and objectives.
Business Intelligence emerged twenty years ago as a tool for aiding decision-making. Originally seen as the preserve of analysts and board-level executives, it has slowly evolved into a more democratic medium as organisations have come to realise that decision-makers at all levels and in all departments need access to timely, relevant information. Read More.
"Business Intelligence helps you make better decisions." This is how the business value of Business Intelligence (BI) is often described. How do you measure the effect of better decisions? How do you determine the quality of a decision to start with? And how can you predict how other decisions might have played out? Read on.
How do you measure the effect of better decisions? How do you determine the quality of a decision to start with? And how can you predict how other decisions might have played out? In this whitepaper, we describe how to build a better case for BI.
People, process, and technology. These are the three pillars of change management that Ravi TNC identifies in his article about centers of excellence. Indeed, in this third edition of the Journal of Management Excellence, we again focus on how to organize for management excellence. Read on.
Even if a dashboard’s appearance looks professional and is aesthetically pleasing, appearances can be deceiving. Although visual design is important, it is also important to ask yourself: Is the data reliable? Is it timely? Is any data missing? Is it consistent across all dashboards?. This paper offers an overview of best practice business intelligence (BI) dashboard design principles and discusses data integration options for getting data into a dashboard.
Many organisations today use a collection of Business Intelligence (BI) tools and applications to allow experts to gather information from a variety of sources, analyse it, and share it with managers and staff. However, ever-increasing business dynamics and increased competition means businesses now require a much higher level of value from their BI investments. BI must now help drive profitable growth, change, and many other operational and financial performance goals. Not only does BI need to deliver significant Return on Investment (ROI), but it also needs to be deployed in a manner that minimises Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). Read more.
This white paper will highlight WebFOCUS Hyperstage, an effective and economical way for users of Information Builders’ WebFOCUS BI platform to achieve outstanding reporting and analytic performance – even in the face of expanding data volumes. Hyperstage is a query-optimized data store, embedded directly into the WebFOCUS environment. Read on.
With the agility and intelligence provided by their management tools, Columbia sportswear is transforming IT to be much more service oriented in fulfilling business requests and delivering resources as needed. It’s allowing IT to “never say no” with an infrastructure that can handle nearly any project that comes through the door.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTService Delivery Manager - EnterpriseACT
- CCSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- TPFinancial Project management - Multiple grant programsNSW
- FTProject Manager (Software product development)VIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Contract) FinanceNSW
- FTIT Field EngineerNSW
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- FTInformation / Data Quality AnalystNSW
- CCWebMethod DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- CCFIS Connex DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCMicrosoft Devops Engineers - contract - SydneyNSW
- CCWebMethod DeveloperQLD
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTSecurity IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC