In this paper, we will discuss how cloud-based services, predictive analytics, social media analytics, big data, and mobile computing are combining to take business intelligence beyond traditional boundaries and transform the way critical decisions are made. We will also highlight Information Builders’ solutions and share two use cases, which demonstrate how two organisations – a law enforcement agency and a retailer – might use available tools and technologies to tap into the wealth of information available.
Many organisations today use a collection of Business Intelligence (BI) tools and applications to allow experts to gather information from a variety of sources, analyse it, and share it with managers and staff. However, ever-increasing business dynamics and increased competition means businesses now require a much higher level of value from their BI investments. BI must now help drive profitable growth, change, and many other operational and financial performance goals. Not only does BI need to deliver significant Return on Investment (ROI), but it also needs to be deployed in a manner that minimises Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). Read more.
This white paper will highlight WebFOCUS Hyperstage, an effective and economical way for users of Information Builders’ WebFOCUS BI platform to achieve outstanding reporting and analytic performance – even in the face of expanding data volumes. Hyperstage is a query-optimized data store, embedded directly into the WebFOCUS environment. Read on.
Manufacturers rarely make a sudden strategic decision to implement an enterprise-wide BI solution. As with most other corporate investments, there’s usually a lightning-rod issue that triggers exploration and/or an acute need for BI capability. That’s usually an excellent focus with which to start a BI implementation. It’s also helpful to ensure that the urgent need meets vital parameters that will allow BI to succeed and grow into an enterprise-wide BI solution. It can be helpful to ask the following questions: (Read on.)
This paper discusses the most critical factors to consider when selecting a solution to support a mobile BI environment, covering such important items as functionality, security, administration, and usability. Read now.
Oracle Real-Time Decisions adds significant new capabilities to all your customer-contact applications, allowing you to decisively increase your Return on Customer Attention. Oracle Real-Time Decisions uses a combination of your explicitly defined business rules and automatically identified statistical information to deliver the best possible content to your customers for every single interaction. Read more.
Business Intelligence on the cloud represents the coming together of two key information technology trends – evolution of the cloud computing architecture as a cost effective, quick and efficient computing platform and use of business intelligence technology to reduce cost, gain insight and improve the quality and speed of business decisions. Read more.
CIOs have never been as business-focused as they are today, often ranking IT investments that contribute to the top-line above other investments. However, despite tightening budgets, CIOs are also investing in future performance. Read more.
Businesses are feeling increasing pressure to reap the value of their data. With the ability to analyse data in real time, they can make business decisions that give them a competitive edge. But real-time business intelligence and real-time analytics involve more than how quickly data is accessed. This IT Briefing describes the three dimensions of real-time analytics and how Oracle can help businesses overcome the challenges associated with each of them.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Not lost in translation: Researchers 'teach' computers to translate accurately
- FCC votes for strict new broadband privacy rules
- Google simplifies VR content embeds with new VR view tool
- Atlassian president on IPO - 'We're overjoyed'
- After 10 years of profitability, Atlassian steps up for an IPO
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160822/AP/259Asia
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- FTData ScientistNSW
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows7/8/10) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - GeneralVIC
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (C++/JBoss) 160819/SSA/892Asia
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC