In this paper, we will discuss how cloud-based services, predictive analytics, social media analytics, big data, and mobile computing are combining to take business intelligence beyond traditional boundaries and transform the way critical decisions are made. We will also highlight Information Builders’ solutions and share two use cases, which demonstrate how two organisations – a law enforcement agency and a retailer – might use available tools and technologies to tap into the wealth of information available.
Many organisations today use a collection of Business Intelligence (BI) tools and applications to allow experts to gather information from a variety of sources, analyse it, and share it with managers and staff. However, ever-increasing business dynamics and increased competition means businesses now require a much higher level of value from their BI investments. BI must now help drive profitable growth, change, and many other operational and financial performance goals. Not only does BI need to deliver significant Return on Investment (ROI), but it also needs to be deployed in a manner that minimises Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). Read more.
This white paper will highlight WebFOCUS Hyperstage, an effective and economical way for users of Information Builders’ WebFOCUS BI platform to achieve outstanding reporting and analytic performance – even in the face of expanding data volumes. Hyperstage is a query-optimized data store, embedded directly into the WebFOCUS environment. Read on.
Manufacturers rarely make a sudden strategic decision to implement an enterprise-wide BI solution. As with most other corporate investments, there’s usually a lightning-rod issue that triggers exploration and/or an acute need for BI capability. That’s usually an excellent focus with which to start a BI implementation. It’s also helpful to ensure that the urgent need meets vital parameters that will allow BI to succeed and grow into an enterprise-wide BI solution. It can be helpful to ask the following questions: (Read on.)
This paper discusses the most critical factors to consider when selecting a solution to support a mobile BI environment, covering such important items as functionality, security, administration, and usability. Read now.
Oracle Real-Time Decisions adds significant new capabilities to all your customer-contact applications, allowing you to decisively increase your Return on Customer Attention. Oracle Real-Time Decisions uses a combination of your explicitly defined business rules and automatically identified statistical information to deliver the best possible content to your customers for every single interaction. Read more.
Business Intelligence on the cloud represents the coming together of two key information technology trends – evolution of the cloud computing architecture as a cost effective, quick and efficient computing platform and use of business intelligence technology to reduce cost, gain insight and improve the quality and speed of business decisions. Read more.
CIOs have never been as business-focused as they are today, often ranking IT investments that contribute to the top-line above other investments. However, despite tightening budgets, CIOs are also investing in future performance. Read more.
Businesses are feeling increasing pressure to reap the value of their data. With the ability to analyse data in real time, they can make business decisions that give them a competitive edge. But real-time business intelligence and real-time analytics involve more than how quickly data is accessed. This IT Briefing describes the three dimensions of real-time analytics and how Oracle can help businesses overcome the challenges associated with each of them.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll Support ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTInformation / Data Quality AnalystNSW
- CCReporting AnalystVIC
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- CCSenior IT Digital BA/Project ManagerVIC
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCProject/ Operational CoordinatorNSW
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- CCInfrastructure Technical Team LeadQLD