In this paper, we will discuss how cloud-based services, predictive analytics, social media analytics, big data, and mobile computing are combining to take business intelligence beyond traditional boundaries and transform the way critical decisions are made. We will also highlight Information Builders’ solutions and share two use cases, which demonstrate how two organisations – a law enforcement agency and a retailer – might use available tools and technologies to tap into the wealth of information available.
Many organisations today use a collection of Business Intelligence (BI) tools and applications to allow experts to gather information from a variety of sources, analyse it, and share it with managers and staff. However, ever-increasing business dynamics and increased competition means businesses now require a much higher level of value from their BI investments. BI must now help drive profitable growth, change, and many other operational and financial performance goals. Not only does BI need to deliver significant Return on Investment (ROI), but it also needs to be deployed in a manner that minimises Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). Read more.
This white paper will highlight WebFOCUS Hyperstage, an effective and economical way for users of Information Builders’ WebFOCUS BI platform to achieve outstanding reporting and analytic performance – even in the face of expanding data volumes. Hyperstage is a query-optimized data store, embedded directly into the WebFOCUS environment. Read on.
Manufacturers rarely make a sudden strategic decision to implement an enterprise-wide BI solution. As with most other corporate investments, there’s usually a lightning-rod issue that triggers exploration and/or an acute need for BI capability. That’s usually an excellent focus with which to start a BI implementation. It’s also helpful to ensure that the urgent need meets vital parameters that will allow BI to succeed and grow into an enterprise-wide BI solution. It can be helpful to ask the following questions: (Read on.)
This paper discusses the most critical factors to consider when selecting a solution to support a mobile BI environment, covering such important items as functionality, security, administration, and usability. Read now.
Oracle Real-Time Decisions adds significant new capabilities to all your customer-contact applications, allowing you to decisively increase your Return on Customer Attention. Oracle Real-Time Decisions uses a combination of your explicitly defined business rules and automatically identified statistical information to deliver the best possible content to your customers for every single interaction. Read more.
Business Intelligence on the cloud represents the coming together of two key information technology trends – evolution of the cloud computing architecture as a cost effective, quick and efficient computing platform and use of business intelligence technology to reduce cost, gain insight and improve the quality and speed of business decisions. Read more.
CIOs have never been as business-focused as they are today, often ranking IT investments that contribute to the top-line above other investments. However, despite tightening budgets, CIOs are also investing in future performance. Read more.
Businesses are feeling increasing pressure to reap the value of their data. With the ability to analyse data in real time, they can make business decisions that give them a competitive edge. But real-time business intelligence and real-time analytics involve more than how quickly data is accessed. This IT Briefing describes the three dimensions of real-time analytics and how Oracle can help businesses overcome the challenges associated with each of them.
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Israeli soldiers hit in cyberespionage campaign using Android malware
- Researcher develops ransomware attack that targets water supply
- Analysts peer into Microsoft's rumored Windows 10 Cloud
- AT&T, IBM, Nokia join to make IoT systems safer
- Apple's Plus plan pays off
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPScrum MasterVIC
- TPAgile Business AnalystQLD
- CCERP Business Analyst (Time Capture/ Management) - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPAgile Project Manager. Sharepoint / PeoplesoftNSW
- FTData Conversion LeadNSW
- CCSME in Openstack, AWSNSW
- CCProject Manager - Security/Cyber SecurityVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer (cisco)NSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- CCLevel 1/2 SAP Support AnalystACT
- TPOrganisational Change Manager - ICT Services TransformationQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXWA
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - NetApp SpecialistNSW
- CCTransport Planner - GIS SpecialistNSW
- FTFull Stack Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global BrandNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- CCData Analyst - AutoHaulWA
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)VIC
- CCSenior Networks Specialist - DNS PlatformVIC
- FTBusiness Development Executive - Queensland Public SectorQLD
- FTJava Developer - Fixed Term ContractQLD
- CCTest Planner - Infrastructure/Data CentreACT
- FTApplications DeveloperACT