In today's information-based economy, business technology leaders are expected to drive innovation whilst reducing operational cost and risk. Yet, the infrastructure, applications, and processes that power the business are often fragmented and inefficient. In this IDC Report, we look at how integrated end-to-end automation improves business outcomes.
802.11ac is well on its way to becoming the standard for next-generation Wi-Fi. The gigabit speed, improved capacity and reliability that 802.11ac brings to wireless LANs (WLANs) are amplified as mobile users, devices and application usage continue to grow rapidly. In this whitepaper, we look at the five steps for successful migration to an 802.11ac WLAN.
According to Forrester, 72 per cent of customers prefer using a company’s website to answer their questions. But only 52.4 per cent actually find the information they need online. Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily, and providing the right solutions means greater customer retention and revenue streams - but this is sometimes not the case. Download to find out more.
3 best practices for providing ‘a little extra service’ using chat and email management that will save your company money and drives high customer satisfaction at the same time.
Getting sales territories and perfecting their associated incentive compensation plans is a challenge even for the most seasoned of sales executives. The effectiveness of a plan relies heavily on the data available and how it’s being utilised. In this global survey of 229 sales/marketing executives, we look how sales managers use data—or respond to the lack of it—in developing sales territories and incentive compensation plans.
In this whitepaper, we look at how new collaboration tools enable global executives to get more out of teams and make faster decisions. However, these teams feel restricted by outdated communication methods that lead to slower decision making and ultimately wasted time and money. Download to hear from the most enthusiastic adopters of collaboration tools and the benefits they have seen in their workplace.
When it comes to resource management and capacity planning, organisations face critical challenges that they must address - regardless of size, scope, or activity. In order to resolve these concerns, they must mitigate project delivery delays and overruns, quality issues, and, in the long term, negative bottom line impact. In this comprehensive benchmark study we look at pain points, business risks and the opportunities available. Read more now.
Imagine if you gave up a quarter of your office space for non-work activities; it’s inconceivable. But when it comes to internet bandwidth, most companies loose the same proportion to employee web misuse, streaming media and spam. As a company’s internet is both costly and limited, click here to find out how best reduce bandwidth loss.
Developed by the CIO executive Council in conjunction with Rob Livingstone Advisory, Pathways Advanced is a 12-month CIO delivered, small group, mentor based professional leadership development program. Pathways Advanced brings together best practice, thought leadership and business insights for today’s most promising ICT professionals
Many organisations today use a collection of Business Intelligence (BI) tools and applications to allow experts to gather information from a variety of sources, analyse it, and share it with managers and staff. However, ever-increasing business dynamics and increased competition means businesses now require a much higher level of value from their BI investments. BI must now help drive profitable growth, change, and many other operational and financial performance goals. Not only does BI need to deliver significant Return on Investment (ROI), but it also needs to be deployed in a manner that minimises Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). Read more.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
- Start-up sells a stamp-sized Linux server for $5
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- IBM targets x86 server territory with new Power servers
- As Dell and HPE revamp, Lenovo sets sights on enterprise cloud servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/J2EE) 161025/AP/862Asia
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- CCWindows EngineerACT
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- PTService Management AnalystSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia
- CCFront End Developer - Mid LevelNSW
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- FTAgile Front End Developer- HTML5 & CSS3NSW
- CCProject Manager - Payroll SystemsSA
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerSA
- CCCisco Wi-Fi Network Engineer - SurveyorNSW
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 161101/AP/162Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/Web) 161014/SA/922Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security/Admin.) 161014/SA/253Asia
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Canberra roleNSW
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW