Many organisations today use a collection of Business Intelligence (BI) tools and applications to allow experts to gather information from a variety of sources, analyse it, and share it with managers and staff. However, ever-increasing business dynamics and increased competition means businesses now require a much higher level of value from their BI investments. BI must now help drive profitable growth, change, and many other operational and financial performance goals. Not only does BI need to deliver significant Return on Investment (ROI), but it also needs to be deployed in a manner that minimises Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). Read more.
Clearswift’s SECURE Web and Email gateway security solutions are designed to accelerate the returns on your virtualisation strategy. Our award-‐winning web and email solutions consolidate existing multiple point security products and vendors into unified web and email solutions. Read more.
Automating DSD operations is a proven practice to help solve problems and gain the ensuing productivity and profitability benefits. Mobile computing applications can help prevent order-entry errors and assist DSD staff in managing inventory more accurately and efficiently. This white paper discusses key considerations when selecting mobility solutions, and unveils how mobility-enabled operations can improve route accounting and DSD efficiency, reduce operating expenses, and boost customer satisfaction.
As organisations compete and grow in a fast-paced global economy, a new set of business imperatives for success has evolved—solving complex problems quickly, effectively scaling partner interactions, growing customer relationships, and enabling agile innovation. These elements are critical to creating market differentiation and competitive advantage in today’s business landscape. Read more.
With the ease of adopting cloud computing, it is inevitable that some data and applications will eventually move there. Cloud providers offer many options for moving and storing data in the cloud, and often provide service level strategies well beyond the financial capabilities of small and medium businesses. Read more.
Business processes define how the enterprise does business. Process types are many and can be described as human, system, document or decision based. These processes provide the backbone for business change and seizing business opportunity. It is often business critical process that differentiate one company for the next and provide strategic advantage. Read more.
Advances in mobility and client computing technology combined with the ubiquity of the Internet and social media are creating a culture and desire for constant connectivity and anywhere access to information. As these trends extend from the home into the work place, IT managers should consider seriously the opportunities for increased productivity and communication with customers and constituents, as well as understand the increased security risks posed by online, anytime access to private networks and data. Read more.
Service-oriented architecture (SOA) has moved beyond hype to widespread acceptance as an IT strategy for delivering business value. If left unchecked, your inventory of SOA assets will become unmanageable; the reuse of services will diminish in favor of custom development; or even worse, modifications will be made to your existing services that break other business processes. This paper outlines the most compelling reasons for you to establish SOA governance within your organisation.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google's Espresso networking tech takes SD-WAN to internet scale
- IEEE sets new Ethernet standard that brings 5X the speed without disruptive cable changes
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- 5 ways Cisco could become an iPhone's best friend
- Skype is getting infused with conversational “bots”
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTJava Technical Team LeadVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSecurity Architect - Perth BasedQLD
- FTSenior ICT Project ManagerNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- TPSoftware Licensing SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- CCCRM Techno FunctionalistQLD
- CCTechnical Requirements Architect - NV1ACT
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Knowledge Management Project - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - NV1ACT
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCIT SAS Visual Analytics DeveloperVIC
- CCOracle DeveloperVIC
- FTCitrix Engineer/Designer - AWS experience essentialNSW
- FTSystem Administrator App-VACT
- CCPlatform Engineer - DevOpsVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSoftware ManagerVIC
- FTHelpdesk SupportNSW
- FTFront-end Developer (UX/UI)NSW
- CCSenior Infrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Designer with PEGA experience- TelcoVIC