As radical innovations in technology are increasing the importance of IT in achieving a company's core business objectives, the role of IT professionals are increasingly becoming more important. In this Economist Intelligence Union survey, we look at the predominant challenges faced by CIOs and the need for them to be more strategic in their thinking, rather than just focusing on operational matters. Click to download!
When it comes to resource management and capacity planning, organisations face critical challenges that they must address - regardless of size, scope, or activity. In order to resolve these concerns, they must mitigate project delivery delays and overruns, quality issues, and, in the long term, negative bottom line impact. In this comprehensive benchmark study we look at pain points, business risks and the opportunities available. Read more now.
CIOs have never been as business-focused as they are today, often ranking IT investments that contribute to the top-line above other investments. However, despite tightening budgets, CIOs are also investing in future performance. Read more.
IT infrastructure is the backbone of today's modern business. It enables rapid expansion into new, fast-growing markets. It is at the core of new customer services offerings such as mobile commerce. It is the key to successfully exploiting an explosion in data and data analytics within business processes.
With the ease of adopting cloud computing, it is inevitable that some data and applications will eventually move there. Cloud providers offer many options for moving and storing data in the cloud, and often provide service level strategies well beyond the financial capabilities of small and medium businesses. Read more.
Digital data volumes are increasing tenfold every five years, and yet a majority of executives say they are not getting the information they need to make important decisions— 36 percent say their business units and functional operations are making decisions based on inconsistent information. Are you getting the information you need to run a successful business in today’s competitive climate? Read more.
Automating DSD operations is a proven practice to help solve problems and gain the ensuing productivity and profitability benefits. Mobile computing applications can help prevent order-entry errors and assist DSD staff in managing inventory more accurately and efficiently. This white paper discusses key considerations when selecting mobility solutions, and unveils how mobility-enabled operations can improve route accounting and DSD efficiency, reduce operating expenses, and boost customer satisfaction.
Greater flexibility, improved performance, lower costs – the list of cloud benefits goes on and on. While moving your financial system to the cloud may seem straightforward, truly realizing the advantages of the cloud requires a complete understanding how it will integrate with existing applications and systems.
This valuable resource explores the need for seamless integration when adopting a cloud strategy, and introduces an approach that can ease your integration woes. Read on to learn more now.
Advances in mobility and client computing technology combined with the ubiquity of the Internet and social media are creating a culture and desire for constant connectivity and anywhere access to information. As these trends extend from the home into the work place, IT managers should consider seriously the opportunities for increased productivity and communication with customers and constituents, as well as understand the increased security risks posed by online, anytime access to private networks and data. Read more.
Analytics is all about gaining insights from the data for better decision making. The business press is abuzz with examples of leading organisations across the world using data-driven insights for strategic, financial and operational excellence. Read more.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- CCSenior Oracle Systems SpecialistNSW
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- CCApplication System EngineerACT
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- CCChange Manager - SAP FinanceNSW