With more and more employees downloading free, consumer-grade apps to access work files from mobile devices, your enterprise may be at risk for a security breach. Learn the requirements to ensure mobile file sharing does not jeopardize your organization's data security or compliance mandates.
Consumer file sharing and synchronization apps like Dropbox have caught on with business users. But these apps lack the security, centralized administration and management of enterprise solutions. Learn about the requirements you should look for in an enterprise-class mobile file sharing solution.
Unmanaged cloud-based services can put organizations at risk for a data breach or non-compliance. Learn about the factors you should consider for deploying an enterprise-class secure file sharing solution in the cloud—including the benefits and risks of public, private, and hybrid options.
Without policies, education, and officially supported alternatives for sharing files securely, end-users will often overlook security in favor of getting the job done by using free, readily available alternatives. Read this Aberdeen Group report to learn how top-performing organisations support business objectives of end-users while meeting security requirements and: The "Dropbox Problem" defined; Research findings on the changing characteristics of data; Characteristics to look for when evaluating enterprise-class secure file sharing solutions.
As the world becomes increasingly hyperconnected, the opportunities for innovation are virtually limitless. At the same time, the complexity and risk associated with those opportunities is great. Security threats have the potential for enormous ramifications, but so does deploying a security strategy that compromises the user experience, performance, and the ability to innovate online. This paper will profile the emerging disruptive players, and identifies the essential steps to establishing a secure environment without compromising performance or experience.
IT virtualisation, the engine behind cloud computing, can have significant consequences on the data centre physical infrastructure. The particular effects of virtualisation are discussed and possible solutions or methods for dealing with them are offered. Download to learn more.
The benefits of determining data center infrastructure efficiency as part of an effective energy management plan are widely recognised. The standard metrics of Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) and its reciprocal Data Center Infrastructure Efficiency1 (DCIE) have emerged as recognised standards. This paper defines a standard approach to collecting data from data centers and showing how to use it to calculate PUE, with a focus on what to do with data that is confusing or incomplete.
While the benefits of this technology and service delivery model are well known, understood, and increasingly being taken advantage of, their effects on the data center physical infrastructure (DCPI) are less understood. The purpose of this paper is to describe these effects while offering possible solutions or methods for dealing with them. Read this whitepaper.
Virtualisation has become the very technology engine behind cloud computing itself, while the benefits of this technology and service delivery model are well known, understood, and increasingly being taken advantage of, their effects on the data center physical infrastructure are less understood. The purpose of this paper is to describe these effects while offering possible solutions or methods for dealing with them.
Computing has gone through several major transitions through the ages, each of which raised the value of the network and dramatically lowered the cost of computing. In the years after its birth in the mainframe era, the computing industry shifted to client/server and then Internet computing. Today, we are beginning yet another major computing revolution: the shift to mobile computing. This revolution already allows us to carry mini computers, called “smartphones,” in our pockets. This shift will drive down the cost of computing even further and drive up the value of the network, forever changing its role in organisations. Read on.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Why Dropbox left Amazon's cloud and built its own from scratch
- Dick Smith shareholders left out in the cold
- Corporate “No-Cloud” policy in 2020 will be as rare as a “No-Internet” policy today
- A UK 'Brexit' may have a sunny side for tech
- Top legal tips for startups in the digital space
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCTechnical BA - Networking/Infrastructure - Site RelocationNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCSr Business Analyst FI/CO, ERP, Procurement, Payroll, HR, SAPNSW
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW