With more and more employees downloading free, consumer-grade apps to access work files from mobile devices, your enterprise may be at risk for a security breach. Learn the requirements to ensure mobile file sharing does not jeopardize your organization's data security or compliance mandates.
Without policies, education, and officially supported alternatives for sharing files securely, end-users will often overlook security in favor of getting the job done by using free, readily available alternatives. Read this Aberdeen Group report to learn how top-performing organisations support business objectives of end-users while meeting security requirements and: The "Dropbox Problem" defined; Research findings on the changing characteristics of data; Characteristics to look for when evaluating enterprise-class secure file sharing solutions.
Consumer file sharing and synchronization apps like Dropbox have caught on with business users. But these apps lack the security, centralized administration and management of enterprise solutions. Learn about the requirements you should look for in an enterprise-class mobile file sharing solution.
Unmanaged cloud-based services can put organizations at risk for a data breach or non-compliance. Learn about the factors you should consider for deploying an enterprise-class secure file sharing solution in the cloud—including the benefits and risks of public, private, and hybrid options.
As the world becomes increasingly hyperconnected, the opportunities for innovation are virtually limitless. At the same time, the complexity and risk associated with those opportunities is great. Security threats have the potential for enormous ramifications, but so does deploying a security strategy that compromises the user experience, performance, and the ability to innovate online. This paper will profile the emerging disruptive players, and identifies the essential steps to establishing a secure environment without compromising performance or experience.
Virtualisation has become the very technology engine behind cloud computing itself, while the benefits of this technology and service delivery model are well known, understood, and increasingly being taken advantage of, their effects on the data center physical infrastructure are less understood. The purpose of this paper is to describe these effects while offering possible solutions or methods for dealing with them.
While the benefits of this technology and service delivery model are well known, understood, and increasingly being taken advantage of, their effects on the data center physical infrastructure (DCPI) are less understood. The purpose of this paper is to describe these effects while offering possible solutions or methods for dealing with them. Read this whitepaper.
IT virtualisation, the engine behind cloud computing, can have significant consequences on the data centre physical infrastructure. The particular effects of virtualisation are discussed and possible solutions or methods for dealing with them are offered. Download to learn more.
The benefits of determining data center infrastructure efficiency as part of an effective energy management plan are widely recognised. The standard metrics of Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) and its reciprocal Data Center Infrastructure Efficiency1 (DCIE) have emerged as recognised standards. This paper defines a standard approach to collecting data from data centers and showing how to use it to calculate PUE, with a focus on what to do with data that is confusing or incomplete.
This white paper will highlight the changes in the mobile workplace; outline the benefits of unified communications (UC) and Fixed-Mobile Convergence (FMC) for mobile workers; identify the key market trends and business challenges IT managers must pay attention to now and into the future; and offer best practices for choosing a solution that will deliver clear ROI.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- FCC votes for strict new broadband privacy rules
- Google simplifies VR content embeds with new VR view tool
- Atlassian president on IPO - 'We're overjoyed'
- After 10 years of profitability, Atlassian steps up for an IPO
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCBPM ConsultantVIC
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTIT Support Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSupport AnalystQLD