Once a popular topic in IT circles, cloud computing is now part of the business vernacular. Learn five reasons why LOB managers should consider business applications delivered using the software-as-a-service (SaaS) model.
Cloud computing is changing the way enterprises do business. Learn about 5 security areas you should ask your cloud provider about during your evaluation process.
With more and more employees downloading free, consumer-grade apps to access work files from mobile devices, your enterprise may be at risk for a security breach. Learn the requirements to ensure mobile file sharing does not jeopardize your organization's data security or compliance mandates.
Without policies, education, and officially supported alternatives for sharing files securely, end-users will often overlook security in favor of getting the job done by using free, readily available alternatives. Read this Aberdeen Group report to learn how top-performing organisations support business objectives of end-users while meeting security requirements and: The "Dropbox Problem" defined; Research findings on the changing characteristics of data; Characteristics to look for when evaluating enterprise-class secure file sharing solutions.
Companies that do not rise to the challenge of ensuring performance over complex networks find it increasingly difficult to compete in a virtualised, cloud based world. Organisations improve performance using several different technologies, which increases the complexity of performance management initiatives. The emerging nature of application deployment and consumption in today's business adds to this complexity. Now it is common for applications to be delivered via cloud based systems, both internal and public, and increasingly these applications are consumed on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. Read more.
The data center has gone through several major evolutionary changes over the past several decades, and each change has been defined by major shifts in computing. The shift to a virtual data center will be the single biggest transition in the history of computing. This transition will reshape all the major data center tiers: applications, storage, servers and the network. This paper examines the drivers of this transition, provides real-world case studies and includes data centre fabric best practices.
Four trends continue to drive changes in the field service market: an increased focus on workforce optimization, improved service quality levels, a move to more flexible software models (for example, software as a service or cloud), and wireless mobility. Read on.
The need for robust datacentre security has never been greater, with CIOs having to account for budget constraints, cloud architectures and flat networks with fewer, natural ‘choke points.’ This whitepaper explores the best application delivery controller for building enterprise cloud networks.
We all know that the main advantage to cloud computing is that companies can reduce IT capital and operating expenses and align their technology spending more directly with utilization. These advantages are strikingly similar to those achieved by implementing shared services. The disadvantages to the cloud—which aren’t necessarily common to shared services—include data ownership, niche integration requirements and agreeable separation. If moving to the cloud makes sense for your organisation, consider the ECM Shared Service model as an initial step in the transition. Read on.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Skype is getting infused with conversational “bots”
- Anonabox promises a portable, streamlined way to use Tor to hide your online tracks
- LinkedIn aims to make email more professional, with LinkedIn Intro
- 5G will have to do more than send speed up your phone, Ericsson says
- Wireless world record: Researchers transfer data at 100Gbps through the air
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCiOS Developer x 2NSW
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW