Today’s enterprises are rapidly adopting desktop virtualisation as a means to reduce operating costs, enable workplace flexibility, increase business agility and bolster their information security and compliance posture. Actually realising these benefits, however, depends upon ensuring the security and availability of the virtual desktop infrastructure. Find out how you can not only preserves the benefits promised by virtual desktops, but how it can maximise them. Click to download!
We put lots of things on the balance sheet, even goodwill and other intangible assets. Your brand and reputation may or may not show up in the books, but they always have financial implications for your organisation. When security breaches occur, they can be adversely affected, with dire results. In this whitepaper, we look at how you can protect yourself from security problems that could send your reputation plummeting? Click to download
One of the problems for CIOs today is whether to concentrate on regulatory compliance or information security. The two are bound together since security will provide compliance; but unfortunately, compliance will not necessarily provide security. Compliance is needed to meet legal or regulatory requirements. Security is needed to protect the business. Good governance is what a company needs to ensure both. Find out more on how information governance software is the simplest way for organisations to eliminate risk and communicate with confidence.
Is your firm ticking all the boxes when it comes to information security? For the last several years, governments and industry groups have been increasing the level of regulation for companies, forcing them to prove that they have the proper controls in place. Find out how to encourage a culture of compliance and avoid the painful path of fines and bad press. Click to Download!
In this whitepaper, Strategy Analytics present their findings on the security and TCO of major mobile platforms. Find out what businesses can learn from the public sector about best practice in mobile enterprise management. Click to view.
The existence of an established and stable governance risk and compliance strategy is extremely important to public and private sector organisations as they strive to meet an evergrowing range of regulatory demands. Given the current constraints, it is one of the few areas where the vast majority of organisations intend to either maintain or in many cases increase spending. Read more.
Creating a framework to ensure the confidentiality, quality, and integrity of data – the core meaning of data governance – is essential to meet both internal and external requirements, such as financial reporting, regulatory compliance, and privacy policies. At its best, data governance roots out risk – both business and compliance risk – by increasing oversight. This white paper provides seven steps for taking such an approach, concluding with a real world example, taking an incremental approach using a repeatable framework that is a practical, proven strategy that any size organization can implement to suit their immediate and long-term needs and budget.
PCI-DSS compliance has long been one of the most challenging standards for an organisation to achieve. Between understanding what needs to change in order to become PCI compliant, and the complexity of the standard itself, achieving PCI-DSS compliance can have a significant impact on an IT budget. Read on.
Information ranging from trade secrets to financial data to privacy related information has become the target of sophisticated attacks from both sides of the firewall. Built upon 30 years of security experience, the Oracle database provides defense-in-depth security controls that enable organizations to transparently protect data. By leveraging these controls, organizations can safeguard data, ensure regulatory compliance, and achieve business goals such as consolidation, globalization, right sourcing and cloud computing while still maintaining scalability, performance and availability. Read this whitepaper.
Unmanaged cloud-based services can put organizations at risk for a data breach or non-compliance. Learn about the factors you should consider for deploying an enterprise-class secure file sharing solution in the cloud—including the benefits and risks of public, private, and hybrid options.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- These are the 3 big reveals from Microsoft's Surface event
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
- DDoS attack shows dangers of IoT 'running rampant'
- Despite concerns, analysts expect an OK for AT&T-Time Warner deal
- DNA testing for jobs may be on its way, warns Gartner
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Technical Specialist SQL & Sybase DBAVIC
- CCRelease and Deployment Manager. Work Location -CanberraNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence & Federal Govt | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- TPProject Coordinator - IT projectsVIC
- CCSenior C# .Net EngineerNSW
- CCSAP ERP ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- CCSecurity Data ScientistVIC
- CCProject Manger - Minor Works ProjectVIC
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementQLD
- CCPeopleSoft DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Process Mapping Analyst with holocentric expACT
- CCIT Risk ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Android Developer (6 month contract)NSW
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW
- CCSiebel / Senior Siebel DeveloperACT
- FTMid Level Web DeveloperNSW
- TPGIS Project ManagerVIC
- TPProgram Control ManagerSA
- TPSenior IT Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC