With more and more employees downloading free, consumer-grade apps to access work files from mobile devices, your enterprise may be at risk for a security breach. Learn the requirements to ensure mobile file sharing does not jeopardize your organization's data security or compliance mandates.
You fail an audit. Or customer information is compromised. Or you are called on the carpet for failing to meet a critical customer SLA. At that point you realise just how important it is to your organisation and to your career. How do you prepare for that moment? More importantly, how do you prevent it from happening in the first place? It is absolutely critical that you understand the possible consequences of a failure to properly monitor, control, and protect the movement of data. Missed opportunities and lost revenue might be the least of your worries. In some cases, poor practices can lead to lawsuits, fines, and even the failure of the business itself. The purpose of this eGuide is to help you grasp the measures that can keep your organisation on track to meet objectives and in line with regulations.
Increasing complexity in the data centre, including the rapid deployment of virtual servers, ever-expanding compliance requirements, and increasing amounts of sensitive data on mobile devices has put more strain on backup and recovery. Read on.
In our increasingly globalised environment, economies and enterprises are steadily becoming interrelated. Yet many key functions and departments the deal with related information and business processes remain siloed. The answer is to bring governance, risk management and compliance together in an integrated program where policies, data and controls are strategically managed and visible throughout the enterprise.
It’s estimated that 90% of successful attacks against software vulnerabilities could be prevented with an existing patch or configuration setting. Yet patching is a persistent challenge for IT managers. With the glut of patches released each year, how do you know which ones are truly critical security patches and which ones aren’t? And how can you identify which computers are actually missing the patches they need? This paper details a simple approach to patching that gives you better visibility into and control over patch assessment and compliance.
With the plethora of new privacy and data security regulations, we believe it is time to ask whether regulations help or hinder an organization’s ability not only to protect sensitive and confidential information assets, but to be competitive in the global marketplace. Further, how difficult is it to be in compliance, who is the typical person or functional leader accountable for compliance? What is the value to the organisation? Finally, what differences (if any) exist in security practices between compliant and non-compliant organisations?
In this paper, ENTERPRISE MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATES® (EMA™) highlights how the RSA Solution for Cloud Security and Compliance offers such an approach. Centered on the well-accepted RSA Archer eGRC platform and enVision® platform technologies for security and compliance information and event management.
This audio whitepaper discusses these important issues and provides IT security and compliance professionals a roadmap and practical advice for implementing an approach to compliance that helps overcome these issues. Read on.
A perfect storm is brewing, with increasingly complex, persistent cyber threats and more numerous and prescriptive compliance mandates to protect against them. In this white paper, learn how to ride out this storm with automated solutions that reduce threats, meet multi-compliance demands, and help pass audits.
Multiple studies among finance executives indicate that the finance department has the opportunity to play a more strategic role, most are primarily focused on regulatory compliance and corporate governance issues. While compliance and governance are very important, it often seems the balance has been tipped towards risk aversion and away from value creating behavior. Companies have lost focus of their true purpose: to create and sustain business value. Read on.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- SanDisk builds tougher flash for IoT devices
- It's official: HP will break itself in two
- Seagate launches 4TB portable drive with wireless smartphone backup
- Planned new USB connector will fit both ways
- Toshiba offers to buy failed SSD maker OCZ
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160726/AP/186Asia
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- CCDirector - Technical Upgrade Program- Data migration, InfraNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCPeopleSoft Consultant (Financial)NSW
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTJDE DeveloperVIC