From data privacy to personal safety issues, cyber-bullying, inappropriate content and malware, schools are facing an increasingly difficult task when it comes to allowing young people to spread their online wings without compromising their safety and personal development. The reality that most schools are catering to the needs of mixed age groups and abilities, and it’s easy to understand why a simple stop and block approach won’t work. Learning environments are, by nature, flexible. It stands to reason that the IT resources used in them should be flexible too. Read on.
This research provides advice on when to replace FTP with managed file transfer (MFT) solutions, and which features to consider. This Gartner report includes MFT software and MFT as a service. Also highlighted is where MFT fits into the technology landscape and some of the key benefits.
Key Findings include: - Technical differences between FTP and MFT including security, administration and scalability - Implementation concerns that organisations should be aware of (when migrating) - List of vendors and how they are expanding their MFT porfolios (including IBM)
Businesses today are experiencing a growing demand to move high volumes of data both internally and externally. Accordingly, File Transfer Protocol (FTP) servers are proliferating among individual departments and raising traffic levels with customers and suppliers. While vital information is flowing, security threats are also increasing dramatically, some of them malicious in the extreme, and the ad hoc nature of internal expansion means that it has become difficult not only to maintain security but to control necessary cost and quality factors. In response, competitive businesses have identified FTP consolidation as a priority to minimise security risks, reduce costs, and gain better control of their own operations. This white paper explains and explores the opportunity and benefits of FTP consolidation.
In this Research Report, Clabby Analytics explains why we believe that IBM System z 196 mainframe — when configured as a Linux/cloud consolidation server — can help enterprises save BIG MONEY when running heavy I/O workloads.
As more business processes across Suncorp are standardized and consolidated, the company plans to build on its current efficiencies and continue to deliver new capabilities to its customers —both internal and external.
This paper examines the results of an IDC study of enterprise organizations that have deployed IBM Power Systems to achieve workload consolidation, improved uptime, and reduced operational costs. These systems are highly virtualized platforms that supported consolidation of workloads and provided near-term payback from the initial investment.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- That moment when you realize you're exchanging emails with a robot
- Google's Inbox uses machine learning to speed up email replies
- Google's Gmail finally adds the ability to block email, but there's a better way
- New Cryptolocker variant discovered targeting Australians
- Twitter gobbles up more cookies with retargeted ads, says users have privacy choices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- CCFinance Stream Consultant (SAP FICO & Procurement Streams)NSW
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant_Level 1ACT
- CCVMWare SpecialistACT
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCSAP IS Retail Functional LeadVIC
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Infrastructure/JAVA) 160901/SA/486Asia