From data privacy to personal safety issues, cyber-bullying, inappropriate content and malware, schools are facing an increasingly difficult task when it comes to allowing young people to spread their online wings without compromising their safety and personal development. The reality that most schools are catering to the needs of mixed age groups and abilities, and it’s easy to understand why a simple stop and block approach won’t work. Learning environments are, by nature, flexible. It stands to reason that the IT resources used in them should be flexible too. Read on.
This research provides advice on when to replace FTP with managed file transfer (MFT) solutions, and which features to consider. This Gartner report includes MFT software and MFT as a service. Also highlighted is where MFT fits into the technology landscape and some of the key benefits.
Key Findings include: - Technical differences between FTP and MFT including security, administration and scalability - Implementation concerns that organisations should be aware of (when migrating) - List of vendors and how they are expanding their MFT porfolios (including IBM)
Businesses today are experiencing a growing demand to move high volumes of data both internally and externally. Accordingly, File Transfer Protocol (FTP) servers are proliferating among individual departments and raising traffic levels with customers and suppliers. While vital information is flowing, security threats are also increasing dramatically, some of them malicious in the extreme, and the ad hoc nature of internal expansion means that it has become difficult not only to maintain security but to control necessary cost and quality factors. In response, competitive businesses have identified FTP consolidation as a priority to minimise security risks, reduce costs, and gain better control of their own operations. This white paper explains and explores the opportunity and benefits of FTP consolidation.
In this Research Report, Clabby Analytics explains why we believe that IBM System z 196 mainframe — when configured as a Linux/cloud consolidation server — can help enterprises save BIG MONEY when running heavy I/O workloads.
As more business processes across Suncorp are standardized and consolidated, the company plans to build on its current efficiencies and continue to deliver new capabilities to its customers —both internal and external.
This paper examines the results of an IDC study of enterprise organizations that have deployed IBM Power Systems to achieve workload consolidation, improved uptime, and reduced operational costs. These systems are highly virtualized platforms that supported consolidation of workloads and provided near-term payback from the initial investment.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft’s Iowa data center cluster to reach 3.2M square feet
- Google taps AI to help you bid for digital ads
- Office 365 gets new Word, PowerPoint and Outlook features
- Yahoo abandons fight, sells internet business to Verizon for US$4.8B
- LinkedIn claims Rocket Data beats Apple's iOS caching
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager CCTVNSW
- CCPeoplsoft Technical SupportACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- FTServicenow DeveloperVIC
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160726/AP/186Asia
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle RDBMS/UNIX) 160810/AP/713Asia
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160810/AP/662Asia
- FTTechnical LeadWA