From data privacy to personal safety issues, cyber-bullying, inappropriate content and malware, schools are facing an increasingly difficult task when it comes to allowing young people to spread their online wings without compromising their safety and personal development. The reality that most schools are catering to the needs of mixed age groups and abilities, and it’s easy to understand why a simple stop and block approach won’t work. Learning environments are, by nature, flexible. It stands to reason that the IT resources used in them should be flexible too. Read on.
This research provides advice on when to replace FTP with managed file transfer (MFT) solutions, and which features to consider. This Gartner report includes MFT software and MFT as a service. Also highlighted is where MFT fits into the technology landscape and some of the key benefits.
Key Findings include: - Technical differences between FTP and MFT including security, administration and scalability - Implementation concerns that organisations should be aware of (when migrating) - List of vendors and how they are expanding their MFT porfolios (including IBM)
Businesses today are experiencing a growing demand to move high volumes of data both internally and externally. Accordingly, File Transfer Protocol (FTP) servers are proliferating among individual departments and raising traffic levels with customers and suppliers. While vital information is flowing, security threats are also increasing dramatically, some of them malicious in the extreme, and the ad hoc nature of internal expansion means that it has become difficult not only to maintain security but to control necessary cost and quality factors. In response, competitive businesses have identified FTP consolidation as a priority to minimise security risks, reduce costs, and gain better control of their own operations. This white paper explains and explores the opportunity and benefits of FTP consolidation.
In this Research Report, Clabby Analytics explains why we believe that IBM System z 196 mainframe — when configured as a Linux/cloud consolidation server — can help enterprises save BIG MONEY when running heavy I/O workloads.
As more business processes across Suncorp are standardized and consolidated, the company plans to build on its current efficiencies and continue to deliver new capabilities to its customers —both internal and external.
This paper examines the results of an IDC study of enterprise organizations that have deployed IBM Power Systems to achieve workload consolidation, improved uptime, and reduced operational costs. These systems are highly virtualized platforms that supported consolidation of workloads and provided near-term payback from the initial investment.
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LastPass is scrambling to fix another serious vulnerability
- Blockchain can help secure medical devices, improve patient privacy
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- Russia will strike US elections again, FBI warns
- ASIC to offer blockchain guidance to businesses
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectWA
- TPApplication Support EngineerQLD
- CCCloud Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCDevOps Engineer - TelcoVIC
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!QLD
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- FTUX DesignerNSW
- FTService Desk Operators (Part time and Full Time)SA
- FTEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- CCSofware Developer/Architect - Media and telco Network Operations - MelbourneVIC
- FTSolution Architect (e-Health)NSW
- FTSecurity Lead / ConsultantNSW
- FTCisco Network Engineer (FIFO)WA
- TPSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!ACT
- FTBusiness Analyst Fixed TermNSW
- FTPeoplesoft Functional Consultant - Campus SolutionsNSW
- FTHead of ArchitectureNSW
- FTGIS Software DeveloperQLD
- FTC# / ASP.NET DeveloperSA
- FTAgile CoachACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPDevOps ManagerVIC