Enterprise initiatives designed to facilitate mobility can deliver important benefits to your organisation. This paper suggests best practices for selecting the right devices and implementing the most effective management solutions
• Employees need devices that match preferences while meeting business and IT requirements • You must determine which devices to allow/recommend as part of a choose-your-own-device (CYOD) or member purchase plan (MPP) • IT groups need a solution that can support new technologies that may emerge in the future
The megatrends of consumerisation are forcing organisations to adapt. This whitepaper looks at why enterprise mobility programs must be underpinned by a solid strategy to reap the benefits of this disruptive technology and avoid the pitfalls. • While most global analyst firms report Enterprise Mobility as a critical initiative, the majority of businesses do not have a comprehensive strategy in place • Organisations should take a selective approach to adopting disruptive technologies , aligning their cultural needs, business imperatives and IT requirements • IT departments have to support a constantly evolving, fragmented operating system environment and device landscape
Done right, BYOD can improve both productivity and job satisfaction. But done incorrectly, it can frustrate employees and lead to significant security concerns. · In 2012, Ovum pointed out the growing risk from unmanaged BYOD · The wide-open approach has done a lot to bring personal devices into the workplace, creating justified concerns about risk. · A recent Microsoft survey suggests personal technology has a positive impact in transforming our lives as well as innovation
Many Asia-Pacific organisations lack or are hindered in their ability to integrate, analyse, and extract insights from multiple internal and external databases. When it comes to big data, Asia-Pacific organisations lag behind the U.S. and Europe in data warehouse, business intelligence, and analytics investments. But don’t expect that to last. Download to find out the big shifts in marketing strategies to improve behavioural targeting and personalisation.
The tension between security and business productivity has never been so acute. To operate at peak performance and competitiveness, organisations need workers to access enterprise resources in more places and in more ways than ever before. But because of the proliferation of work locations, types of workers and access methods, traditional security strategies are hitting breaking point. Find out how to regain control and reduce risk that is brought about by desktop virtualisation without sacrificing business productivity and growth.
Many companies have established mobility as a core strategic technology, deploying corporate liable devices and allowing personally liable devices to connect to their networks and back-office applications. Yet few companies have established a realistic strategy of how to make the apps being utilised by end users truly enterprise controlled, secured and managed. Download to find out more!
This whitepaper describes, from an IT perspective, the issues that arise when allowing Android and iOS-based tablets and smartphones into the enterprise network—and the steps IT must take to maintain control while encouraging productivity and mobility. We outline the security considerations, risk mitigation options and the architecture required to support tablets and smartphones as consumer-grade devices accessing sensitive enterprise data. Download to find out more!
The first response of many IT organisations to the influx of consumer-grade and employee-owned mobile devices has been to lock down and control every mobile device in the enterprise through mobile device management (MDM) solutions. Yet, the transformation of computing through mobility, consumerisation, bring-your-own device (BYOD) and flex-work offers powerful benefits for today’s organisations - but it poses significant challenges for IT. Download now to find out what is the best approach for mobility management.
The use of powerful mobile devices has become so widespread, industry leaders in almost every sector have embraced mobility solutions as central elements of their IT and business operations. As mobile budgets grow, so does the influence of business units on mobility strategy. However, without a comprehensive strategy that encompass business goals, policies and processes, then initiatives into mobility will struggle to deliver the expected benefits. Click to download!
As consumerisation continues to transform IT, organisations are moving quickly to design strategies to allow BYOD in the workplace. This paper provides IT executives with guidance to develop a complete BYOD strategy which gives people optimal freedom of choice while helping IT adapt to consumerisation - at the same time addressing requirements for security, simplicity and cost reduction. Find out how device ownership eases IT burdens in endpoint procurement and management. Click to download!
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- Russia will strike US elections again, FBI warns
- ASIC to offer blockchain guidance to businesses
- Qantas to back startups in innovation push
- BlackBerry readies a more secure version of the Samsung Galaxy S7
PCW Evaluation Team
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCIT Business Analyst - UX DesignNSW
- TPJunior Business AnalystQLD
- TPUI/UX ConsultantWA
- FTEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- FTDrupal Developer - SeniorQLD
- CCICT ManagerNSW
- TPProgram ArchitectQLD
- FTFull Stack .Net Developer Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- FTNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCMicrostrategy DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- FTChief Architect - Principal ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- TPJava DeveloperWA
- TPSenior Performance TesterQLD
- FTWeb BA LeadQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTSystems AdministratorNSW
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT roleNSW
- CCInside Sales ConsultantNSW
- CCIT Project Scheduler- Port MacquarieNSW