Done right, BYOD can improve both productivity and job satisfaction. But done incorrectly, it can frustrate employees and lead to significant security concerns. · In 2012, Ovum pointed out the growing risk from unmanaged BYOD · The wide-open approach has done a lot to bring personal devices into the workplace, creating justified concerns about risk. · A recent Microsoft survey suggests personal technology has a positive impact in transforming our lives as well as innovation
In this whitepaper, Strategy Analytics present the findings of extensive research into the total cost of ownership (TCO) and security across major mobile platforms. Find out about the challenges companies are encountering in the face of the four Cs: Compliance, Control, Cost and Consumerisation. Click to download.
The “consumerisation of IT” unveils a new wave of technology adoption – signifying a blurring between the lines of business and personal domains. Convergent communications and information technologies have presented unprecedented opportunities to create new innovation around customers. This research paper from Gartner and CA Technologies provides useful insights into the implications of “consumer driven IT”. Read on
The use of powerful mobile devices has become so widespread, industry leaders in almost every sector have embraced mobility solutions as central elements of their IT and business operations. As mobile budgets grow, so does the influence of business units on mobility strategy. However, without a comprehensive strategy that encompass business goals, policies and processes, then initiatives into mobility will struggle to deliver the expected benefits. Click to download!
As consumerisation continues to transform IT, organisations are moving quickly to design strategies to allow BYOD in the workplace. This paper provides IT executives with guidance to develop a complete BYOD strategy which gives people optimal freedom of choice while helping IT adapt to consumerisation - at the same time addressing requirements for security, simplicity and cost reduction. Find out how device ownership eases IT burdens in endpoint procurement and management. Click to download!
Many companies have established mobility as a core strategic technology, deploying corporate liable devices and allowing personally liable devices to connect to their networks and back-office applications. Yet few companies have established a realistic strategy of how to make the apps being utilised by end users truly enterprise controlled, secured and managed. Download to find out more!
The tension between security and business productivity has never been so acute. To operate at peak performance and competitiveness, organisations need workers to access enterprise resources in more places and in more ways than ever before. But because of the proliferation of work locations, types of workers and access methods, traditional security strategies are hitting breaking point. Find out how to regain control and reduce risk that is brought about by desktop virtualisation without sacrificing business productivity and growth.
This whitepaper describes, from an IT perspective, the issues that arise when allowing Android and iOS-based tablets and smartphones into the enterprise network—and the steps IT must take to maintain control while encouraging productivity and mobility. We outline the security considerations, risk mitigation options and the architecture required to support tablets and smartphones as consumer-grade devices accessing sensitive enterprise data. Download to find out more!
The first response of many IT organisations to the influx of consumer-grade and employee-owned mobile devices has been to lock down and control every mobile device in the enterprise through mobile device management (MDM) solutions. Yet, the transformation of computing through mobility, consumerisation, bring-your-own device (BYOD) and flex-work offers powerful benefits for today’s organisations - but it poses significant challenges for IT. Download now to find out what is the best approach for mobility management.
Many Asia-Pacific organisations lack or are hindered in their ability to integrate, analyse, and extract insights from multiple internal and external databases. When it comes to big data, Asia-Pacific organisations lag behind the U.S. and Europe in data warehouse, business intelligence, and analytics investments. But don’t expect that to last. Download to find out the big shifts in marketing strategies to improve behavioural targeting and personalisation.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
- Apple commits to run off 100% renewable energy
- Start-up sells a stamp-sized Linux server for $5
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCICT Security AuditorACT