In 2012, Aberdeen surveyed 485 users of IP Telephony and legacy TMD telephony. The study assessed aspects of TCO, planned vs unplanned downtime, and which products they used. 74% of respondents were categorised in the SME sector; this report focuses on this group’s TCO experience.
There is a new, multifactor authentication approach that not only strengthens identity authentication but does so in a way that does not introduce the burdensome cost, user inconvenience, and administrative complexity that have limited the adoption of multi-factor authentication by small and mid-sized businesses.
This whitepaper reveals which vendor is demonstrating that it has appreciated the broad, long-term strategic importance of flash storage and is moving rapidly to both maximize and optimize its use across its portfolio. You could be forgiven for thinking flash storage is the saviour of the storage world, but the truth is far more about pragmatism than panacea. This is because flash is a technology, and not a market Solid-state storage has been around in some form or another for over three decades, but only in the last few years has it become widely adopted Looking ahead, the most successful vendors seem certain to be those that offer—in addition to a range of solutions—a hybrid approach
It wasn’t that long ago that IT organizations hardly gave power a thought. But these days power is a problem. Most data centers consume too much of it — at least 10 times more per square foot than the average office building, and sometimes far more than that. What that means is companies spend roughly double the cost of running IT equipment on cooling and infrastructure. IT equipment is the single largest consumer of data center energy, so reducing the amount of equipment in your data center will certainly reduce energy costs. To keep up, companies must be able to manage and measure power consumption just as they do most every other aspect of IT. Read on.
Business users are accessing more data, across more devices than ever before. For IT departments, this means an increasing number of problems. This whitepaper details a number of strategies to help prevent challenges in cost, efficiency and security, now and into the future.
This whitepaper discusses the results from the 2014 Cost of Data Breach Study: Australia. In this year’s report, the fifth of its kind, the total average cost paid by a company in a breach increased to $2.8 million, while assessing the likelihood of a company having data breaches in the next 24 months.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google taps AI to help you bid for digital ads
- Office 365 gets new Word, PowerPoint and Outlook features
- Yahoo abandons fight, sells internet business to Verizon for US$4.8B
- LinkedIn claims Rocket Data beats Apple's iOS caching
- IDC: Smartwatch sales decline for the first time
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCSAP Payroll Implement/Migration Project Manager/ SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- FTSAP PI ABAP SpecialistVIC
- CC.Net DeveloperACT
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW