Cloud computing has fundamentally changed the way businesses and consumers use computers and technology and the way Information Technology (IT) professionals manage those resources. While the cloud has delivered a multitude of benefits to technical and non-technical people alike, there have also been significant downsides to reliance on cloud technology, including unplanned outages and even outright cyberattacks and data theft.
In this whitepaper, we look at ten essential steps in creating an effective action plan to defend against targeted attacks and APTs. These steps will help you to consider your current situational awareness, level of preparation and operative ability to ward off a persistent attacker. For more, click to download
Webroot commissioned Forrester Consulting to conduct a survey study of 161 North American and European IT security decision-makers. The purpose of the study is to understand the current state of endpoint security strategies across enterprises and SMBs, as well as identify key trends and market directions for endpoint security. This study took a detailed look at how organisations deploy endpoint security products, their common practices, pain points, and challenges.
Face it, your current endpoint security software is slow, heavy and you wonder if it causes more problems than it solves. Meanwhile you have to keep up with a number of new challenges — from a more mobile workforce to more malicious malware. Read more.
With the exponential growth and sophistication of malware today, the security industry can no longer afford to ‘bury its head in the sand’. The bottom line is that traditional endpoint security protection is now ineffective due to the sheer volume, quality, and complexity of malware. This paper looks at this problem and how Webroot, by going back to the drawing board on countering malware threats, is revolutionisng endpoint protection and solving the issues that hinder existing endpoint security solutions.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service Western Operations (RFDSWO) provides a 24-hour emergency service to those who live, work, and travel in rural and remote areas of Western Australia (WA) and the Indian Ocean Territories. As a staff benefit, RFDSWO allows staff to use their computers for both corporate and personal use. This unrestricted access has the potential to leave the 302 desktops and laptops shared among 430 staff, exposed to more threats and infections than in a typical corporate environment. Click to find out how they resolve this issue.
Endpoint Protection offers a revolutionary approach to endpoint malware protection. It brings together innovative file pattern and behaviour recognition technology with the power of cloud computing to stop known threats and prevent unknown zero-day attacks more effectively than anyone else. Read more.
Malware is at such high levels (more than 60 million unique samples per year) that protecting an endpoint with traditional antivirus software, has become futile. More than 100,000 new types of malware are now released every day, and antivirus vendors are racing to add new protection features to try to keep their protection levels up. Read more.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google's Inbox uses machine learning to speed up email replies
- Google's Gmail finally adds the ability to block email, but there's a better way
- New Cryptolocker variant discovered targeting Australians
- Twitter gobbles up more cookies with retargeted ads, says users have privacy choices
- New Windows privilege escalation flaw exploited in active attacks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCProject ManagerSA
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA