Cloud computing has fundamentally changed the way businesses and consumers use computers and technology and the way Information Technology (IT) professionals manage those resources. While the cloud has delivered a multitude of benefits to technical and non-technical people alike, there have also been significant downsides to reliance on cloud technology, including unplanned outages and even outright cyberattacks and data theft.
In this whitepaper, we look at ten essential steps in creating an effective action plan to defend against targeted attacks and APTs. These steps will help you to consider your current situational awareness, level of preparation and operative ability to ward off a persistent attacker. For more, click to download
Webroot commissioned Forrester Consulting to conduct a survey study of 161 North American and European IT security decision-makers. The purpose of the study is to understand the current state of endpoint security strategies across enterprises and SMBs, as well as identify key trends and market directions for endpoint security. This study took a detailed look at how organisations deploy endpoint security products, their common practices, pain points, and challenges.
Face it, your current endpoint security software is slow, heavy and you wonder if it causes more problems than it solves. Meanwhile you have to keep up with a number of new challenges — from a more mobile workforce to more malicious malware. Read more.
With the exponential growth and sophistication of malware today, the security industry can no longer afford to ‘bury its head in the sand’. The bottom line is that traditional endpoint security protection is now ineffective due to the sheer volume, quality, and complexity of malware. This paper looks at this problem and how Webroot, by going back to the drawing board on countering malware threats, is revolutionisng endpoint protection and solving the issues that hinder existing endpoint security solutions.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service Western Operations (RFDSWO) provides a 24-hour emergency service to those who live, work, and travel in rural and remote areas of Western Australia (WA) and the Indian Ocean Territories. As a staff benefit, RFDSWO allows staff to use their computers for both corporate and personal use. This unrestricted access has the potential to leave the 302 desktops and laptops shared among 430 staff, exposed to more threats and infections than in a typical corporate environment. Click to find out how they resolve this issue.
Endpoint Protection offers a revolutionary approach to endpoint malware protection. It brings together innovative file pattern and behaviour recognition technology with the power of cloud computing to stop known threats and prevent unknown zero-day attacks more effectively than anyone else. Read more.
Malware is at such high levels (more than 60 million unique samples per year) that protecting an endpoint with traditional antivirus software, has become futile. More than 100,000 new types of malware are now released every day, and antivirus vendors are racing to add new protection features to try to keep their protection levels up. Read more.
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Israeli soldiers hit in cyberespionage campaign using Android malware
- Researcher develops ransomware attack that targets water supply
- Analysts peer into Microsoft's rumored Windows 10 Cloud
- AT&T, IBM, Nokia join to make IoT systems safer
- Apple's Plus plan pays off
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSCCM SpecialistVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)ACT
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- CCCloud Security Solutions Architect - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCLevel 1/2 SAP Support AnalystACT
- CCMDM Consultant/DesignerVIC
- TPSenior Java Developer - ContractQLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)VIC
- TPInformation Management SpecialistVIC
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - PERMANENTACT
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)VIC
- FT.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- FTSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- FT.Net Azure DeveloperSA
- CCAnalyst ProgrammerVIC
- CCDevops EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Software EngineerVIC
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- CCProject / Portfolio SchedulerNSW
- FTProject Manager (Software product development)VIC
- CCPMO Analyst - Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Dot Net Backend Orientated DeveloperNSW