Advanced Persistent Threats strive to remain undetected in the network in order to gain access to the valuable data. Once in, it can be an arduous task for system administrators to detect any malicious activity in the network. In this whitepaper, we look at the methods used for malicious activity and what efforts can be taken to mitigate the problem.
Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs) refer to a category of threats that aggressively pursue and chosen targets that over time attempt to get deeper into their network. For Enterprises, this is a high priority threat as human and systemic weaknesses can be mitigated with correct practices and solutions. In this report we look at targeted attack campaigns and how these can be mitigated.
The City of Rockingham is the second largest city in Western Australia with more than 100,000 residents. They needed a cost effective solution to identify and take swift aversive action against cyber threats that enter their network or those that come-in via their growing number of Public Access Points – used by a myriad of wireless access devices. Download to find out how they met this business challenge.
‘Security intelligence’ is a term that is commonly used within the information security community, but one that often lacks clarity and definition. In this market review by Forrester, we look at the growth of security-as-a-service (SAAS) solutions and the challenges in implementing this change. Click to download.
Security intelligence, built upon the same concepts that have made business intelligence an essential enterprise technology, is the critical next step for organizations that recognize the importance of information security to their business health. In this white paper, we discuss how security intelligence address these shortcomings and empower organisations, from Fortune Five companies and mid-size enterprises to government agencies, to maintain comprehensive and cost-effective information security. Read now.
Over the past year, the IT security space has had numerous mainstream headlines. From the discovery of sophisticated toolkits with ominous names like Flame to cross-platform zero-day vulnerabilities, both consumers and corporations were inundated with advisories and alerts regarding emerging threats. The frequency of data breaches and incidents, continue their upward trajectory and have already hit new highs in 2011. Click to download!
Advanced persistent threats (APTs) refer to a category of threats that pertain to computer intrusions by threat actors that aggressively pursue and compromise chosen targets. APTs are often conducted in campaigns, which consist of a series of failed and successful attempts over time to get deeper and deeper into a target’s network and are therefore not isolated incidents. Download to find out more!
Today, many security practitioners do not acknowledge that there are advanced threats that have bypassed their security protection techniques and reside undetected on their systems. In this whitepaper, we look at how research will enable security practitioners to understand these new threats and steps they must take in order to reduce the risk of being compromised. Click to download.
Three years ago, few people outside of the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) or other military/intelligence organisations had heard of Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs). Now these kinds of targeted cyber attacks have become routine with discussion extending across the technology, business, and mainstream media. In this whitepaper, we look at exactly are APTs and what enterprise organisations are doing to defend themsleves. Read more!
As The Smith Family continues to evolve to meet the needs of the 21st Century, its usage of Internet applications to support its operations and communications has increased significantly. In response to this shift, The Smith Family’s Business Information Services team engaged Webroot’s Security as a Service (SaaS) solutions to strengthen the organisation’s information security safeguards and enable more productive use of the Internet. Read more.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Not lost in translation: Researchers 'teach' computers to translate accurately
- FCC votes for strict new broadband privacy rules
- Google simplifies VR content embeds with new VR view tool
- Atlassian president on IPO - 'We're overjoyed'
- After 10 years of profitability, Atlassian steps up for an IPO
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- FTFunctional Business AnalystNSW
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160523/AP/254Asia
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- CCOracle Payroll Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- CCNetwork Engineer | DC Relocation |VoIP Refresh | CCNA | CCNPNSW
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCDeployment Project EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC