Gympie Regional Council in Queensland employs approximately 450 staff to provide infrastructure, programs and facilities for the community. With the implementation of Webroot’s email and web security services, the Council now has reliable protection against spam and viruses for staff and the general public who access the internet in the Council’s offices and public libraries. Read more.
This paper looks at this problem and how Webroot, by going back to the drawing board on countering malware threats, is revolutionising endpoint protection and solving the issues that hinder existing endpoint security solutions.
As the Council operations are integral to the community, IT security and the smooth running of IT systems are imperative. However, the complex processes and limited capabilities of the Internet and email filtering system was costing Council many hours in IT maintenance, including installing updates and managing user queries. Any Internet and email system downtime detracted from the IT staff time available to support users. Read more.
PassMark Software® conducted objective performance testing on eight (8) security software products, on Windows 7 Ultimate Edition (64-bit) from December 2011 to January 2012. This report presents results and findings as a result of performance benchmark testing conducted for these endpoint security products. The aim of this benchmark was to compare the performance impact of Webroot’s SecureAnywhere Endpoint Protection cloud product with seven (7) Traditional Endpoint Security competitor products. Rea more.
The North American division of Vizada is comprised of 125 seats across four locations and includes a number of mobile users. Until recently, Dave Newbern, manager of applications and infrastructure, and his corporate IT staff, were experiencing a huge onslaught of web-borne viruses and malware. Read more.
This paper reviews the business value of IT security, illustrates the business case for SaaS over “do it yourself” premise-based solutions, and outlines what to look for in SaaS solutions you can adopt with confidence and count on as you grow.
Flushing Bank is comprised of 16 different branches across New York State, 350 employees, and an increasingly mobile workforce. Recently, as the individual demands of those separate entities became more apparent, the Internet security appliance the bank had in place could no longer effectively keep up with compliance and data loss prevention demands. Read more.
For the past few years, it seemed that mature on-premise antivirus, antispam, and Web defenses were making progress against the rising volume of malicious code aimed at businesses from the furthest corners of the Web. But a new generation of organized, well-funded, and financially-motivated online criminals are now launching attacks using social networks, exploiting consumer and mobile devices and vulnerabilities in Web applications, and deploying blended threats to attack financial targets and individual businesses. Read more.
Virginia Community Bank’s computer system, which networks these branches together, relies on connectivity to serve its customers and loan recipients, but was under a barrage of spam and spoof emails threatening bank security. Additionally, unrestricted Web use was impacting access, and bandwidth limits were disabling the phone system, while malware and other malicious code infected end-user machines. Read more.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- BlackBerry stops making hardware, but BlackBerry phones live on
- IEEE sets new Ethernet standard that brings 5X the speed without disruptive cable changes
- OneDrive's file placeholders will return to Windows 10 as On-Demand Sync
- Automated ports and a city of sensors: Cisco chief outlines blueprint for Hamburg smart city
- Andromeda inbound? Google's long-rumored Android/Chrome OS merger may debut Oct 4
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT