Gympie Regional Council in Queensland employs approximately 450 staff to provide infrastructure, programs and facilities for the community. With the implementation of Webroot’s email and web security services, the Council now has reliable protection against spam and viruses for staff and the general public who access the internet in the Council’s offices and public libraries. Read more.
This paper looks at this problem and how Webroot, by going back to the drawing board on countering malware threats, is revolutionising endpoint protection and solving the issues that hinder existing endpoint security solutions.
As the Council operations are integral to the community, IT security and the smooth running of IT systems are imperative. However, the complex processes and limited capabilities of the Internet and email filtering system was costing Council many hours in IT maintenance, including installing updates and managing user queries. Any Internet and email system downtime detracted from the IT staff time available to support users. Read more.
PassMark Software® conducted objective performance testing on eight (8) security software products, on Windows 7 Ultimate Edition (64-bit) from December 2011 to January 2012. This report presents results and findings as a result of performance benchmark testing conducted for these endpoint security products. The aim of this benchmark was to compare the performance impact of Webroot’s SecureAnywhere Endpoint Protection cloud product with seven (7) Traditional Endpoint Security competitor products. Rea more.
The North American division of Vizada is comprised of 125 seats across four locations and includes a number of mobile users. Until recently, Dave Newbern, manager of applications and infrastructure, and his corporate IT staff, were experiencing a huge onslaught of web-borne viruses and malware. Read more.
This paper reviews the business value of IT security, illustrates the business case for SaaS over “do it yourself” premise-based solutions, and outlines what to look for in SaaS solutions you can adopt with confidence and count on as you grow.
Flushing Bank is comprised of 16 different branches across New York State, 350 employees, and an increasingly mobile workforce. Recently, as the individual demands of those separate entities became more apparent, the Internet security appliance the bank had in place could no longer effectively keep up with compliance and data loss prevention demands. Read more.
For the past few years, it seemed that mature on-premise antivirus, antispam, and Web defenses were making progress against the rising volume of malicious code aimed at businesses from the furthest corners of the Web. But a new generation of organized, well-funded, and financially-motivated online criminals are now launching attacks using social networks, exploiting consumer and mobile devices and vulnerabilities in Web applications, and deploying blended threats to attack financial targets and individual businesses. Read more.
Virginia Community Bank’s computer system, which networks these branches together, relies on connectivity to serve its customers and loan recipients, but was under a barrage of spam and spoof emails threatening bank security. Additionally, unrestricted Web use was impacting access, and bandwidth limits were disabling the phone system, while malware and other malicious code infected end-user machines. Read more.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
- Microsoft plants flagship store on Sydney’s Pitt Street
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTDatabase AdministratorVIC
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Support OfficerWA
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- FTWeb Analytics Specialist - TechnicalNSW
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTLead Software Developer- Complex Tax & Superannuation SolutionsNSW