Over the past year, the IT security space has had numerous mainstream headlines. From the discovery of sophisticated toolkits with ominous names like Flame to cross-platform zero-day vulnerabilities, both consumers and corporations were inundated with advisories and alerts regarding emerging threats. The frequency of data breaches and incidents, continue their upward trajectory and have already hit new highs in 2011. Click to download!
Security intelligence, built upon the same concepts that have made business intelligence an essential enterprise technology, is the critical next step for organizations that recognize the importance of information security to their business health. In this white paper, we discuss how security intelligence address these shortcomings and empower organisations, from Fortune Five companies and mid-size enterprises to government agencies, to maintain comprehensive and cost-effective information security. Read now.
‘Security intelligence’ is a term that is commonly used within the information security community, but one that often lacks clarity and definition. In this market review by Forrester, we look at the growth of security-as-a-service (SAAS) solutions and the challenges in implementing this change. Click to download.
Security management needs to evolve to protect business, government, and individuals from growing cyber threats. This Paper outlines challenges facing security executives and teams and uses an “air traffic control system” analogy to show how advanced security management systems can deliver better security by providing a single point of visibility and coordination for physical, virtual, and cloud assets. Solutions are presented where business processes, policy, controls, and data work in concert to achieve the vision of an air traffic control system for information security.
This paper examines three solution types that are commonly implemented to address these challenges: onpremise software, on-premise appliances, and hosted security offerings, and provides an overview of their effectiveness in common usage scenarios, as well as a discussion of their impact on overall IT budget. The paper concludes with a discussion of increasing adoption of hosted security services and a summary of the key reasons why many businesses of all sizes are selecting this as a model for protecting their businesses from cyber threats.
This Symantec.cloud white paper focuses on the emergence of covert information theft as a key tactic of malware propagators. Most importantly, the paper highlights the crucial danger points for any business that doesn’t defend itself against viruses which operate in the background.
This White Paper weighs up Facebook’s pros and cons, and shows how to keep your company safe – whatever policy you choose to implement.
Today, many security practitioners do not acknowledge that there are advanced threats that have bypassed their security protection techniques and reside undetected on their systems. In this whitepaper, we look at how research will enable security practitioners to understand these new threats and steps they must take in order to reduce the risk of being compromised. Click to download.
Three years ago, few people outside of the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) or other military/intelligence organisations had heard of Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs). Now these kinds of targeted cyber attacks have become routine with discussion extending across the technology, business, and mainstream media. In this whitepaper, we look at exactly are APTs and what enterprise organisations are doing to defend themsleves. Read more!
Advanced persistent threats (APTs) refer to a category of threats that pertain to computer intrusions by threat actors that aggressively pursue and compromise chosen targets. APTs are often conducted in campaigns, which consist of a series of failed and successful attempts over time to get deeper and deeper into a target’s network and are therefore not isolated incidents. Download to find out more!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- That moment when you realize you're exchanging emails with a robot
- Google's Inbox uses machine learning to speed up email replies
- Google's Gmail finally adds the ability to block email, but there's a better way
- New Cryptolocker variant discovered targeting Australians
- Twitter gobbles up more cookies with retargeted ads, says users have privacy choices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Toolset ReadinessNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCTechnical BA - Networking/Infrastructure - Site RelocationNSW
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- FTTIBCO Technical LeadNSW
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW