Advanced Persistent Threats strive to remain undetected in the network in order to gain access to the valuable data. Once in, it can be an arduous task for system administrators to detect any malicious activity in the network. In this whitepaper, we look at the methods used for malicious activity and what efforts can be taken to mitigate the problem.
Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs) refer to a category of threats that aggressively pursue and chosen targets that over time attempt to get deeper into their network. For Enterprises, this is a high priority threat as human and systemic weaknesses can be mitigated with correct practices and solutions. In this report we look at targeted attack campaigns and how these can be mitigated.
The City of Rockingham is the second largest city in Western Australia with more than 100,000 residents. They needed a cost effective solution to identify and take swift aversive action against cyber threats that enter their network or those that come-in via their growing number of Public Access Points – used by a myriad of wireless access devices. Download to find out how they met this business challenge.
‘Security intelligence’ is a term that is commonly used within the information security community, but one that often lacks clarity and definition. In this market review by Forrester, we look at the growth of security-as-a-service (SAAS) solutions and the challenges in implementing this change. Click to download.
Security intelligence, built upon the same concepts that have made business intelligence an essential enterprise technology, is the critical next step for organizations that recognize the importance of information security to their business health. In this white paper, we discuss how security intelligence address these shortcomings and empower organisations, from Fortune Five companies and mid-size enterprises to government agencies, to maintain comprehensive and cost-effective information security. Read now.
Over the past year, the IT security space has had numerous mainstream headlines. From the discovery of sophisticated toolkits with ominous names like Flame to cross-platform zero-day vulnerabilities, both consumers and corporations were inundated with advisories and alerts regarding emerging threats. The frequency of data breaches and incidents, continue their upward trajectory and have already hit new highs in 2011. Click to download!
Advanced persistent threats (APTs) refer to a category of threats that pertain to computer intrusions by threat actors that aggressively pursue and compromise chosen targets. APTs are often conducted in campaigns, which consist of a series of failed and successful attempts over time to get deeper and deeper into a target’s network and are therefore not isolated incidents. Download to find out more!
Today, many security practitioners do not acknowledge that there are advanced threats that have bypassed their security protection techniques and reside undetected on their systems. In this whitepaper, we look at how research will enable security practitioners to understand these new threats and steps they must take in order to reduce the risk of being compromised. Click to download.
Three years ago, few people outside of the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) or other military/intelligence organisations had heard of Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs). Now these kinds of targeted cyber attacks have become routine with discussion extending across the technology, business, and mainstream media. In this whitepaper, we look at exactly are APTs and what enterprise organisations are doing to defend themsleves. Read more!
As The Smith Family continues to evolve to meet the needs of the 21st Century, its usage of Internet applications to support its operations and communications has increased significantly. In response to this shift, The Smith Family’s Business Information Services team engaged Webroot’s Security as a Service (SaaS) solutions to strengthen the organisation’s information security safeguards and enable more productive use of the Internet. Read more.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft restores database app to Office 365 for small biz
- Andromeda inbound? Google's long-rumored Android/Chrome OS merger may debut Oct 4
- Microsoft sues repeat software pirate who owes company $1.2M from prior case
- Your old Apple Watch will feel brand new with watchOS 3, out now
- Which is the best Mac to learn programming and coding: Buying advice for Mac coders
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)VIC
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratVIC
- CCSenior Security Analyst | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).VIC
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- FT2 x Firewall Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCElectronic Medications Management Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTBusiness Reporting AnalystNSW
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperVIC
- TPUAT LeadQLD
- FTSuperannuation Fund AdministratorNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- FTAngular DeveloperSA
- FTIOS Developer (Permanent) Finance CBDNSW
- TPWordpress DeveloperVIC
- CCVideo Conferencing - PABX , Cisco, Polycom and Nortel/AvaNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- FTSoftware Sales & BDMNSW