This IDC Forecast Update provides share positions for revenue and raw capacity for nine named PBBA vendors for the first half of 2011. In addition, this study provides the market size and a five-year forecast for the worldwide PBBA market as part of IDC's Storage Solutions coverage. The five-year forecast includes total factory revenue and raw capacity in terabytes through 2012. The worldwide PBBA market covers both open system-and mainframe-attached products.
IDC interviewd ten companies that have deployed EMC backup and recovery solutions, including EMC Data Domain and EMC Avamar. Some of the customers also had EMC NetWorker. The purpose was to identify and quantify the resulting business value of each project, in order to calculate a cumulative return on investment. Read on.
This IDC Buyers Case Study: Explores the benefits EMC realised from the use of a range of EMC's own backup and recovery solutions that leverage deduplication technology; Identifies the unique backup challenges for different computing environments and how data deduplication can address these environments; Highlight EMC's legacy backup environment and the changes EMC made as part of a transformation process to increase efficiency, reduce cost and optimise IT - as part of its journey to the private cloud.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LinkedIn ProFinder helps freelancers land jobs
- What you need to do to stop data from leaving with exiting employees
- As Zika looms, a question arises: Who gets to telecommute?
- Surveys suss out Windows 10 enterprise migration timelines
- Facebook battles to banish News Feed clickbait
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Infrastructure/JAVA) 160901/SA/486Asia
- CCAutomation Test Engineer with Baseline clearance (or higher)VIC
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCFinance Stream Consultant (SAP FICO & Procurement Streams)NSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCManager Architecture Practice Lead (Infrastructure Architect)NSW
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Project Server/SharePoint exposureACT
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- CCABAP DeveloperVIC
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC