This IDC Forecast Update provides share positions for revenue and raw capacity for nine named PBBA vendors for the first half of 2011. In addition, this study provides the market size and a five-year forecast for the worldwide PBBA market as part of IDC's Storage Solutions coverage. The five-year forecast includes total factory revenue and raw capacity in terabytes through 2012. The worldwide PBBA market covers both open system-and mainframe-attached products.
IDC interviewd ten companies that have deployed EMC backup and recovery solutions, including EMC Data Domain and EMC Avamar. Some of the customers also had EMC NetWorker. The purpose was to identify and quantify the resulting business value of each project, in order to calculate a cumulative return on investment. Read on.
This IDC Buyers Case Study: Explores the benefits EMC realised from the use of a range of EMC's own backup and recovery solutions that leverage deduplication technology; Identifies the unique backup challenges for different computing environments and how data deduplication can address these environments; Highlight EMC's legacy backup environment and the changes EMC made as part of a transformation process to increase efficiency, reduce cost and optimise IT - as part of its journey to the private cloud.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US says laptop ban may expand to more airports
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- HP's Spectre x360 puts Kaby Lake and Thunderbolt into a thinner, faster package
- HP upgrades the Envy 13 laptop with Kaby Lake, debuts the 4K Envy 27 display
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBusiness Process AnalystWA
- FTSenior ICT Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager (Wealth)NSW
- CCAMI ArchitectWA
- TPProject Support AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Linux AdministratorNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTHR Learning Management ExpertNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsQLD
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- CCSOE Business AnalystACT
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- FTRegional Market Manager - Wide Bay RegionQLD
- FTBusiness Development Manager IT HealthcareQLD
- FTSenior Data Warehouse ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTIT ArchitectNSW
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- TPProject/Deployment ManagerQLD
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTProject Engineer - Data & IP NetworksNSW
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Java Web DeveloperNSW