Government organisations are frequently at the forefront of cyber-attacks and are often under the close scrutiny of regulators. Because of the nature of the information they hold, there is also a huge risk from data leaks and the corresponding loss in trust from citizens as well as financial penalties that are imposed should a breach occur. Find out more how you can ensure that critical information is adequately and cost effectively protected at all times. Click to download!
For many years, organisations have noted that the network is the computer. With that, the network is the data, as data is the gold. Imagine if it occurred that 500 office chairs were stolen, with asset tags. Not really such a big deal, as they are insured. But if a few gigabytes of data are lost from an organisation that can often mean significant impact and consequences. Read more.
There’s an old saying that a ship is safe in the harbour, but that’s not what ships are for. The same can be said of enterprise data. If a company’s success is increasingly determined by its ability to act on information, a fundamental requirement of that success is the enablement of unfettered communications between co-workers, partners and clients. Read more.
Managing information in today’s business environment has become increasingly complex: Data leakage is a critical issue for CIOs. Companies are hitting the headlines for all the wrong reasons and human error is one of the biggest culprits. With many organisations focusing on inbound threats, there’s a genuine risk that vulnerability inside company walls will be overlooked. Read more.
As different technology trends create new challenges and complexity for all organisations, they now must address the threats that reside much closer to home. In this research paper, conducted by Loudhouse, we identify the extent to which internal security threats are affecting different organisations and, in turn, how these are being managed. Click to download!
The web is a highly interactive, sophisticated and increasingly mission-critical platform. As online collaboration has matured and become more and more integral to many people’s lives, companies are increasingly using such technologies to connect more effectively with their customers, suppliers and partners. This short guide outlines 10 simple steps to best practice in web security. Find out how to stay in-front of your competitors. Click to Download!
Information monitoring is a tricky subject. We all want to be able to trust others with data, but information theft and data leakage happen all too often, and organisations are asking themselves how much they should be monitoring the way company information is used. In this whitepaper, we look at why this is an issue and how should it be done? Find out more.
The rapidly expanding field of Information Governance, encompassing all aspects policies, processes and controls of the effective management of information within an organisation, has at its heart a requirement to understand the information that is travelling within it in order to adequately protect it. In this whitepaper, we look at the next generation of Data Loss Prevention solutions, and how they operate within a set governance framework.
Today, with increasing numbers of data breaches attributed to human error, finding a clear route to data protection can appear to be a daunting prospect. By focusing on content and not the threat, organisations can implement flexible policies that eliminate human error from the data protection headache. Read more.
For years, most companies have dealt with the evolving dynamics of data archiving by addressing an immediate need rather than building a long-term strategy. But over time, putting all information on costly storage is likely to be very expensive. This whitepaper explains why it’s time for organizations to start to strategically evaluate archive solutions for capabilities they need, both now and in the future. While no technology is future proof, an archiving solution can make you “future ready.”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
- Google buys maker of fascinating, creepy robots
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- FTInfrastructure/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical OfficerACT
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCInside Sales Specialist / Customer Service - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperACT
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCSystem Engineer (DevOps)WA
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC