This white paper details how a 100% Flash-based scale-out enterprise storage array delivers high levels of performance and scalability; brings new levels of ease-of-use to SAN storage, while offering new features that help to deliver advanced performance and cost savings.
Internet expansion is moving beyond desktops and LANs, but many field service organizations have yet to explore the benefits of the Internet of Everything and expanded mobile connectivity. This whitepaper discusses the four basic usage models born from new data streams and services.
This whitepaper examines some common practices in enterprise storage array design and discusses opportunities for improving enterprise storage strategy by thinking with random I/O rather than sequential. A good enterprise storage array attempts to sequentialise the workload seen by the hard drives, regardless of the native data pattern at the host level. A single Solid State Drive (SSD) is capable of random I/O that would require hundreds of hard drives to match. However, obtaining this performance from an SSD is challenging. A new class of enterprise data storage system doesn’t substitute flash, but engineers an entirely new array to unlock flash’s full performance potential and deliver array-based capabilities
The fact that digitalisation exists doesn’t mean it’s available and actionable. This paper explains why true integration is not possible with merely adequate technology.
• Digitalisation improves user experience, availability and performance, processing power and decision-making • You owe it to yourself and your organization to go beyond “good enough” • Using a proven platform will mean improved business agility with the ability to establish new partnerships
Data is growing at a tremendous rate, and organisations of every type rely on the timely retrieval of information to facilitate transaction and decision making. Processing powers are also expanding, now equipped with storage efficiency technologies that help simplify the many IT challenges that companies are facing. This white paper describes how proper simple storage efficiency features help you leverage daily storage, maximise capacity and performance optimisation, while reducing power consumption and total cost.
Business executives are challenging their IT staffs to convert costly data centres into producers of business value. Only with higher visibility, more control and improved automation of reporting systems can help deliver on this commitment. Holistic management capabilities available today can enable data centre professionals to maximize their capacity to control their energy costs and to advise the business on how to utilize IT assets more effectively. This paper demonstrates how data centre infrastructure management (DCIM) software tools can simplify operational processes, cut costs, and speed up information delivery.
Outsourcing has become a critical component of management of financial institution operations. Consequently, the Office of the Controller of the Currency (OCC) and the Federal Reserve Board (FRB) recently issued guidance on how financial institutions should manage third-party risks. • Institutions are outsourcing increasingly complex and sensitive banking and financial operations to third parties • The guidance issued by each agency has particular relevance to outsourcing transactions and provides companies with a roadmap of the key areas of concern to regulators • Many of the suggestions in the OCC and FRB guidance concern provisions of outsourcing agreements where vendors often push back
This whitepaper discusses the results from the 2014 Cost of Data Breach Study: Australia. In this year’s report, the fifth of its kind, the total average cost paid by a company in a breach increased to $2.8 million, while assessing the likelihood of a company having data breaches in the next 24 months.
Modern trends in IT are changing how data centres are being designed and managed. Data centres continue to evolve from an environment based on physical servers and storage to one based on virtualization platforms. Data management solutions need to evolve and adapt to these shifts. This white paper discusses how new software can provide unprecedented scale and server consolidation capabilities in evolving a cloud based data centres, providing the automation, flexibility and scale needed to meet increasingly challenging business needs.
This helpful infographic details how Flash is transforming the way we think about storage and enabling innovation across IT, plus helps readers choose the best solutions for their business. Flash allows a new breed of applications, speed, leaner costs, and model efficiency Flexible options allow organizations to bring enterprise-level availability to mission critical, performance-intensive applications Experiencing the full effect of Flash depends on having the right architecture
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- BlackBerry stops making hardware, but BlackBerry phones live on
- IEEE sets new Ethernet standard that brings 5X the speed without disruptive cable changes
- OneDrive's file placeholders will return to Windows 10 as On-Demand Sync
- Automated ports and a city of sensors: Cisco chief outlines blueprint for Hamburg smart city
- Andromeda inbound? Google's long-rumored Android/Chrome OS merger may debut Oct 4
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT