This white paper details how a 100% Flash-based scale-out enterprise storage array delivers high levels of performance and scalability; brings new levels of ease-of-use to SAN storage, while offering new features that help to deliver advanced performance and cost savings.
Internet expansion is moving beyond desktops and LANs, but many field service organizations have yet to explore the benefits of the Internet of Everything and expanded mobile connectivity. This whitepaper discusses the four basic usage models born from new data streams and services.
This whitepaper examines some common practices in enterprise storage array design and discusses opportunities for improving enterprise storage strategy by thinking with random I/O rather than sequential. A good enterprise storage array attempts to sequentialise the workload seen by the hard drives, regardless of the native data pattern at the host level. A single Solid State Drive (SSD) is capable of random I/O that would require hundreds of hard drives to match. However, obtaining this performance from an SSD is challenging. A new class of enterprise data storage system doesn’t substitute flash, but engineers an entirely new array to unlock flash’s full performance potential and deliver array-based capabilities
The fact that digitalisation exists doesn’t mean it’s available and actionable. This paper explains why true integration is not possible with merely adequate technology.
• Digitalisation improves user experience, availability and performance, processing power and decision-making • You owe it to yourself and your organization to go beyond “good enough” • Using a proven platform will mean improved business agility with the ability to establish new partnerships
Data is growing at a tremendous rate, and organisations of every type rely on the timely retrieval of information to facilitate transaction and decision making. Processing powers are also expanding, now equipped with storage efficiency technologies that help simplify the many IT challenges that companies are facing. This white paper describes how proper simple storage efficiency features help you leverage daily storage, maximise capacity and performance optimisation, while reducing power consumption and total cost.
Business executives are challenging their IT staffs to convert costly data centres into producers of business value. Only with higher visibility, more control and improved automation of reporting systems can help deliver on this commitment. Holistic management capabilities available today can enable data centre professionals to maximize their capacity to control their energy costs and to advise the business on how to utilize IT assets more effectively. This paper demonstrates how data centre infrastructure management (DCIM) software tools can simplify operational processes, cut costs, and speed up information delivery.
Outsourcing has become a critical component of management of financial institution operations. Consequently, the Office of the Controller of the Currency (OCC) and the Federal Reserve Board (FRB) recently issued guidance on how financial institutions should manage third-party risks. • Institutions are outsourcing increasingly complex and sensitive banking and financial operations to third parties • The guidance issued by each agency has particular relevance to outsourcing transactions and provides companies with a roadmap of the key areas of concern to regulators • Many of the suggestions in the OCC and FRB guidance concern provisions of outsourcing agreements where vendors often push back
This whitepaper discusses the results from the 2014 Cost of Data Breach Study: Australia. In this year’s report, the fifth of its kind, the total average cost paid by a company in a breach increased to $2.8 million, while assessing the likelihood of a company having data breaches in the next 24 months.
Modern trends in IT are changing how data centres are being designed and managed. Data centres continue to evolve from an environment based on physical servers and storage to one based on virtualization platforms. Data management solutions need to evolve and adapt to these shifts. This white paper discusses how new software can provide unprecedented scale and server consolidation capabilities in evolving a cloud based data centres, providing the automation, flexibility and scale needed to meet increasingly challenging business needs.
This helpful infographic details how Flash is transforming the way we think about storage and enabling innovation across IT, plus helps readers choose the best solutions for their business. Flash allows a new breed of applications, speed, leaner costs, and model efficiency Flexible options allow organizations to bring enterprise-level availability to mission critical, performance-intensive applications Experiencing the full effect of Flash depends on having the right architecture
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Israeli soldiers hit in cyberespionage campaign using Android malware
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- San Francisco’s Muni transit system reportedly hit by ransomware
- How to make home IoT more secure: Assume the worst
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPProject Support OfficerQLD
- TPSenior Java Developer / DevOps - ContractQLD
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics DeveloperNSW
- FTPMO Specialist - PermanentACT
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- TPSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- TPMicrosoft Analyst ProgrammerSA
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT role - Recent IT TAFE GraduateNSW
- FTL1 Application SupportWA
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCFinance Analyst/ Project SpecialistVIC
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCTelecommunication Operations SpecialistTAS
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCProject Manager (Event Management)NSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - ReinsuranceNSW
- CCIT Solutions ArchitectQLD
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- TPSenior Network EngineerWA