Cloud is now largely viewed by enterprise customers as a viable, sometimes necessary path to outsourcing and service delivery and is a strategic, mobile, and integrated platform which reduces short term IT costs and ensures long term savings. This document focuses on the trends that are driving decision-making on cloud including the growing connection between cloud, mobility, and data; cloud services governance and integration; and continuing development of cloud ecosystems among vendors. Learn how and why companies are deploying cloud services while managing security and compliance, and read how vendors are striving to become more innovative to meet new client needs.
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organisation. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
This explosion of BYOD policies has taken a toll on already strained IT departments as they struggle to manage and secure corporate assets and data in this environment. This whitepaper details how containerization technologies can help to balance the corporation’s needs for manageability and security with employees’ demands for choice and freedom.
In this White Paper, IDC offers up some quantifiable benefits that Asian enterprises have observed as a result of deploying backup and recovery solutions.
· Many enterprises are finding that the backup and recovery processes and technologies that they have implemented have not kept pace with the demands of the business
· IDC identifies how organizations can experience savings and improvements from the deployment of different types of technologies
· The benefits fall into three categories: storage environment cost savings; end-user productivity enhancements; and IT staff productivity optimization
For years, most companies have dealt with the evolving dynamics of data archiving by addressing an immediate need rather than building a long-term strategy. But over time, putting all information on costly storage is likely to be very expensive. This whitepaper explains why it’s time for organizations to start to strategically evaluate archive solutions for capabilities they need, both now and in the future. While no technology is future proof, an archiving solution can make you “future ready.”
Read how ETEL Limited, a pioneering design and manufacture business in New Zealand, managed to perfect their expansion into new markets by utilising an ERP system to support growth and provide “one source for truth” accessible to the entire organisation.
A growing number of organisations are using off the shelf technologies to stretch application processing and data access for continuous application and availability. This paper describes how deployment models for applications work.
Enterprises are consolidating high availability and data recovery practices and technologies to achieve continuous availability that provides users with uninterrupted access to data and applications
The right solution provides data coherency across distance for simultaneous access to the same data in multiple locations
Organisations need to be able to trust that the data and applications it depends on will continues to be available and operate, through both planned and unplanned outages
Today’s workforce is expanding to include a growing number of contractors, despite high-profile security incidents. This paper identifies how to mitigate risks in what’s often a necessary business decision. · Many businesses don’t really have the luxury of asking, “can we afford the risk of a contractor?” · Companies like Target, Cogent Healthcare, Stanford Hospital, Beebe Healthcare and even the EPA have had breaches that were the result of “temporary” access · A substantial roadblock to productivity is granting them access to necessary systems, which in many cases house sensitive information
This whitepaper lists key things to look for when researching a deduplication storage solution, providing insight on solutions uniquely positioned to deliver tremendous business value. • All deduplication solutions can reduce your storage requirements. However, how efficiently they do it and whether your critical data can actually be reliably recovered vary greatly • Solutions that are a cut above provide the scale, performance and efficient replication you require • This paper focuses on new technology leadership, differentiation, and why it matters to you
This paper details results from backup and recovery tests to gain insight into how to build high performance into a unified data protection solution for physical and virtual systems.
· Data centres are becoming more difficult to manage and protect as more data and applications are moved into virtual software-defined environments
· There is a growing trend within Line of Business (LoB) groups to be over-protective with data by keeping multiple secondary copies
· One solution is transitioning to a private cloud paradigm characterized by a software-defined, hypervisor-based, Virtual Infrastructure (VI)
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- How to get a word count with Microsoft Office for iPad
- Twitter gets new product head and team from app startup Yes
- Amazon will literally truck your data into its cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- FTSenior Python DeveloperVIC
- CCInfrastructure Architect - CloudVIC
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCWeb DeveloperVIC
- CCGIS ConsultantNSW
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM Developer/ AdministratorWA
- CCJDE ERP Technical ConsultantVIC
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratVIC
- TPPHP Programmer - SeniorQLD
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCIngres DeveloperQLD
- FTSupport EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS Software EngineerNSW
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudACT
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Automation TesterVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager - Retail BankingNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTGraduate DeveloperNSW