Cloud is now largely viewed by enterprise customers as a viable, sometimes necessary path to outsourcing and service delivery and is a strategic, mobile, and integrated platform which reduces short term IT costs and ensures long term savings. This document focuses on the trends that are driving decision-making on cloud including the growing connection between cloud, mobility, and data; cloud services governance and integration; and continuing development of cloud ecosystems among vendors. Learn how and why companies are deploying cloud services while managing security and compliance, and read how vendors are striving to become more innovative to meet new client needs.
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organisation. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
This explosion of BYOD policies has taken a toll on already strained IT departments as they struggle to manage and secure corporate assets and data in this environment. This whitepaper details how containerization technologies can help to balance the corporation’s needs for manageability and security with employees’ demands for choice and freedom.
In this White Paper, IDC offers up some quantifiable benefits that Asian enterprises have observed as a result of deploying backup and recovery solutions.
· Many enterprises are finding that the backup and recovery processes and technologies that they have implemented have not kept pace with the demands of the business
· IDC identifies how organizations can experience savings and improvements from the deployment of different types of technologies
· The benefits fall into three categories: storage environment cost savings; end-user productivity enhancements; and IT staff productivity optimization
For years, most companies have dealt with the evolving dynamics of data archiving by addressing an immediate need rather than building a long-term strategy. But over time, putting all information on costly storage is likely to be very expensive. This whitepaper explains why it’s time for organizations to start to strategically evaluate archive solutions for capabilities they need, both now and in the future. While no technology is future proof, an archiving solution can make you “future ready.”
Read how ETEL Limited, a pioneering design and manufacture business in New Zealand, managed to perfect their expansion into new markets by utilising an ERP system to support growth and provide “one source for truth” accessible to the entire organisation.
A growing number of organisations are using off the shelf technologies to stretch application processing and data access for continuous application and availability. This paper describes how deployment models for applications work.
Enterprises are consolidating high availability and data recovery practices and technologies to achieve continuous availability that provides users with uninterrupted access to data and applications
The right solution provides data coherency across distance for simultaneous access to the same data in multiple locations
Organisations need to be able to trust that the data and applications it depends on will continues to be available and operate, through both planned and unplanned outages
Today’s workforce is expanding to include a growing number of contractors, despite high-profile security incidents. This paper identifies how to mitigate risks in what’s often a necessary business decision. · Many businesses don’t really have the luxury of asking, “can we afford the risk of a contractor?” · Companies like Target, Cogent Healthcare, Stanford Hospital, Beebe Healthcare and even the EPA have had breaches that were the result of “temporary” access · A substantial roadblock to productivity is granting them access to necessary systems, which in many cases house sensitive information
This whitepaper lists key things to look for when researching a deduplication storage solution, providing insight on solutions uniquely positioned to deliver tremendous business value. • All deduplication solutions can reduce your storage requirements. However, how efficiently they do it and whether your critical data can actually be reliably recovered vary greatly • Solutions that are a cut above provide the scale, performance and efficient replication you require • This paper focuses on new technology leadership, differentiation, and why it matters to you
This paper details results from backup and recovery tests to gain insight into how to build high performance into a unified data protection solution for physical and virtual systems.
· Data centres are becoming more difficult to manage and protect as more data and applications are moved into virtual software-defined environments
· There is a growing trend within Line of Business (LoB) groups to be over-protective with data by keeping multiple secondary copies
· One solution is transitioning to a private cloud paradigm characterized by a software-defined, hypervisor-based, Virtual Infrastructure (VI)
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LastPass is scrambling to fix another serious vulnerability
- BlackBerry readies a more secure version of the Samsung Galaxy S7
- Cisco on CIA WikiLeaks revelations: It’s not our problem… this time
- Google shifts on email encryption tool, leaving its fate unclear
- Israeli soldiers hit in cyberespionage campaign using Android malware
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Project Manager. Ciritical permanent roleNSW
- TPProject Support Officer - Data and Information ManagementVIC
- TPDeployment Support - NSWNSW
- FTNBN Sales Consultant / Account ManagersSA
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTBI AnalystNSW
- FTWeb DesignerACT
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistVIC
- CCIT Project Scheduler- Port MacquarieQLD
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorNSW
- FTAEM Architect - Blue Chip companyNSW
- TPSenior Drupal Developer / ArchitectQLD
- TPJunior Software DeveloperQLD
- TPAO6 IT Procurement OfficerQLD
- CCSAP BPC SME/Consultant - BRISBANE BASEDQLD
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorWA
- CCSAP FICO ConsultantWA
- FTApplication Services Administrator (Linux)NSW
- CCJava/ Guidewire DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- FTJava Developer - Short team Contract @ CanberraVIC
- FTInfrastructure Analyst - Storage & Backup SystemsNSW