This webcast explores how All-Flash enterprise storage compares to traditional disk-centric arrays. Learn how to best leverage Flash so databases thrive and limitations of I/O disappear, while exploring the pitfalls and peculiarities of Flash, and how to optimise its performance as a storage solution to ensure reliance, predictability and cost savings for a variety of enterprise workloads.
Latency is the life-blood of any database application. When transactions slow, it is often a direct result of disk contention at the storage layer driving-up storage I/O latency, which directly translates into slower transactions and a slower end-user experience. Moving to an all-flash architecture for your database affords immediate and obvious performance benefits, but also introduces a whole host of operational benefits: - Simplify operations - Eliminate tuning - Provide a price point that is less expensive than disk based and even hybrid systems
Challenges - Server consolidation stalled due to storage performance limits - IO-intensive Oracle database would not consolidate with other applications - Multiple instances of virtual applications plus the Oracle DB Results - Consolidated 30 servers to 5 - 23% increase in Oracle performance after virtualization - 6.7-to-1 data reduction - Provisioning time reduced by 4x - 2x increase in VMware snapshot release time
To support its team of 300 physicians and 20 offsite facilities, the technical staff of Riverview Hospital in Noblesville, Indiana, require a performance-focused infrastructure for its electronic health records. The speed at which doctors can retrieve patient data is determined by the response times of this server and the performance of its database. In this casestudy, we look at how its caregivers can spend more time with their patients rather than an application.
Following the Big Data explosion, organizations are left grappling with how best to retain, access, discover and ultimately delete content in compliance with evolving regulations. Legal teams are now tasked with making accommodations for Big Data in the already expensive eDiscovery process. All this data can be a huge asset, but without a modern management strategy, it can also be a huge liability. This white paper demonstrates why an holistic approach to information management means big benefits in cost reduction and risk management for legal and compliance teams.
Business executives are challenging their IT staffs to convert costly data centres into producers of business value. Only with higher visibility, more control and improved automation of reporting systems can help deliver on this commitment. Holistic management capabilities available today can enable data centre professionals to maximize their capacity to control their energy costs and to advise the business on how to utilize IT assets more effectively. This paper demonstrates how data centre infrastructure management (DCIM) software tools can simplify operational processes, cut costs, and speed up information delivery.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Rolling blog: Industry reacts to Budget 2016
- Budget 2016: A "missed opportunity" for startups
- Aussie start-up, Rundl, hits $5bn transaction milestone
- Uber faces more lawsuits for classifying drivers as contractors
- Michael Dell talks to EMC World about massive merger
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCWindows Automation EngineerVIC
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCEnvironment AnalystVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Project Manager, Portfolio Services ManagementNSW
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCMid Range Developer (Senior .NET Developer)QLD
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC