This whitepaper discusses the capacity efficiency technologies delivered in a series of storage platforms. High-powered deduplication and compression capabilities for file and block storage are delivered standard with the VNX Operating Environment. Read on.
Guarantees are often used by emerging vendors because they have to; when market leaders do so, it’s invariably because they want to. EMC now says that its customers will need 20% less raw unified storage capacity in NAS and/or SAN configurations than they’ll need from the competition. Read on.
There is a common misconception that all deduplication systems are created the same and many organizations are now doing their homework prior to making the purchase decision. This whitepaper details the key things to look for when you are researching a deduplication storage solution.
This whitepaper lists key things to look for when researching a deduplication storage solution, providing insight on solutions uniquely positioned to deliver tremendous business value. • All deduplication solutions can reduce your storage requirements. However, how efficiently they do it and whether your critical data can actually be reliably recovered vary greatly • Solutions that are a cut above provide the scale, performance and efficient replication you require • This paper focuses on new technology leadership, differentiation, and why it matters to you
Data deduplication articles include: Data deduplication for SMEs: what to look out for; Reducing storage bloat; Buyers’ guide; Choosing the right deduplication method and Deduplication technology aids data storage.
This bulletin is about preserving valuable digital data for a long time, usually somewhere between a decade and a lifetime, and possibly forever. Our focus is on the compounding quantities of commercial and institutional digital data, which are deemed so important that someone in the enterprise says: We need to keep this forever!, which means for longer than can be imagined in normal, 21st-Century human terms.
Data Deduplication For Dummies, Quantum 2nd Special Edition, discusses the methods and rationale for reducing the amount of duplicate data maintained by your organisation. This book is intended to provide you with the information you need to understand how data deduplication can make a meaningful impact on your organization’s data management.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Drupal fixes critical access bypass vulnerability
- Apple will return heat generated by data center to warm up homes
- Microsoft will cut services to standalone Office users so they’ll subscribe to Office 365
- Microsoft commits to a permament schedule for new Windows 10, Office updates
- Surveys show high hopes, deep concerns about IoT
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTTest Analyst - Infrastructure - NV1 ClearanceACT
- FTTest Analyst - HCMSNSW
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- FTSystems Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Mobile ApplicationsQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTFront End Web DeveloperACT
- FTIT Service Desk Manager - Team LeaderNSW
- TPStrategic Business AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Student Management SystemQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst | DETQLD
- CCBlue Prism DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Linux AdministratorNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Oracle CC&BVIC
- FTSalesforce Business AnalystNSW
- CCProcess Improvement SpecialistVIC
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- FTNetwork Consulting ArchitectVIC
- FTDeveloper / Junior Solution DesignerQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst (Mid-level)VIC
- FTSAP APO ConsultantNSW
- FTIT ArchitectNSW
- FTSecurity Solutions Manager - Perth BasedNSW