Data Deduplication For Dummies, Quantum 2nd Special Edition, discusses the methods and rationale for reducing the amount of duplicate data maintained by your organisation. This book is intended to provide you with the information you need to understand how data deduplication can make a meaningful impact on your organization’s data management.
Data deduplication articles include: Data deduplication for SMEs: what to look out for; Reducing storage bloat; Buyers’ guide; Choosing the right deduplication method and Deduplication technology aids data storage.
This whitepaper discusses the capacity efficiency technologies delivered in a series of storage platforms. High-powered deduplication and compression capabilities for file and block storage are delivered standard with the VNX Operating Environment. Read on.
There is a common misconception that all deduplication systems are created the same and many organizations are now doing their homework prior to making the purchase decision. This whitepaper details the key things to look for when you are researching a deduplication storage solution.
This whitepaper lists key things to look for when researching a deduplication storage solution, providing insight on solutions uniquely positioned to deliver tremendous business value. • All deduplication solutions can reduce your storage requirements. However, how efficiently they do it and whether your critical data can actually be reliably recovered vary greatly • Solutions that are a cut above provide the scale, performance and efficient replication you require • This paper focuses on new technology leadership, differentiation, and why it matters to you
Guarantees are often used by emerging vendors because they have to; when market leaders do so, it’s invariably because they want to. EMC now says that its customers will need 20% less raw unified storage capacity in NAS and/or SAN configurations than they’ll need from the competition. Read on.
This bulletin is about preserving valuable digital data for a long time, usually somewhere between a decade and a lifetime, and possibly forever. Our focus is on the compounding quantities of commercial and institutional digital data, which are deemed so important that someone in the enterprise says: We need to keep this forever!, which means for longer than can be imagined in normal, 21st-Century human terms.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- DNA testing for jobs may be on its way, warns Gartner
- Gartner: A.I. to become a top business investment priority
- Thanks to Facebook, voter registrations surge
- Google Photos begins creating animations from videos, gets smarter about fixing sideways pictures
- Microsoft HoloLens eyes enterprise adoption amid crowded field
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- CCSAP FIORIACT
- CCSAP FunctionalistACT
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/J2EE) 161025/AP/862Asia
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCICT Business AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161017/ITA/742Asia
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- FTEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia