After Hurricane Sandy flooded its Lower Manhattan headquarters, EmblemHealth enables displaced employees to re-engage and reconnect with their co-workers by supplying Dell laptops to maintain productivity from remote locations.
-Company headquarters flooded by Hurricane Sandy’s storm surge left 1,900 employees without offices -Loss of office space for so many corporate staff employees threatened to disrupt a timely conclusion to the company’s fiscal year-end -Newly gained flexibilty and productivity was enabled by access to over 900 laptops and desktops from Dell
A wide range of business issues is driving IT toward desktop virtualization. One solution—Citrix XenDesktop with FlexCast technology—helps IT teams empower their entire workforces, one project at a time.
This infographic details the effects a new operating system that has solved desktop problems for more than 700,000 healthcare professionals, 1.8 million financial service users, 250,000 education users, over 300,000 pharmaceutical users and 1.7 million public sector users on more than 6 million end points.
A success story by one of Australia’s largest owners and managers of quality real estate, read about how Investa Property Group became more agile and responsive, while improving user experience with their comprehensive desktop solution.
Customer engagement is rapidly shifting, and one of the biggest challenges companies are facing is figuring out how to serve consumers in this new digital environment. Implementing and managing new channels needs to be economically palatable, without any disruption to existing customer care practices. This business guide provides insight into how best to deploy customer service in the cloud, detailing the four phases of an evolved customer experience management strategy.
Today customers look to engage with organizations through an increasing number of channels – and expect more from every customer service and support experience. A strategically implemented knowledge management initiative for both the contact center and Web self-service channels offers a powerful answer to this growing need to do more with less. However, a poorly implemented initiative can have a negative impact – increasing call and Web session time and frustrating both customers and agents alike. This eBook sets out 5 simple steps for optimizing customer service and support with an effective, best-practice-led knowledge management initiative.
Learn how you can harness the power of the cloud to run your business more effectively and lower upfront costs. Oracle ERP Cloud Service offers a comprehensive, enterprise-grade cloud that can transform back office operations and allow you to focus on running your business.
Desktop virtualisation is quickly becoming a mainstream IT strategy for companies of all sizes. But as mobile workstyles and cloud computing transform IT, desktop virtualisation has enabled a transition within IT to a service-based approach. Find out how to meet the needs of your users so that they can work more effectively and securly from wherever, however and on whatever device they work from. Click to download!
As mobile workstyles reinvent the way people and businesses operate, IT organisations have never been in a better position to enable new levels of mobility, productivity and efficiency. Yet they are constrained by the high cost of their legacy endpoint environment, which prevents them from making strategic investments in innovation. In this whitepaper, we look at different case studies that have transformed their business by looking at solutions that deliver mobility within their existing budget. Click to download!
Today’s enterprises are rapidly adopting desktop virtualisation as a means to reduce operating costs, enable workplace flexibility, increase business agility and bolster their information security and compliance posture. Actually realising these benefits, however, depends upon ensuring the security and availability of the virtual desktop infrastructure. Find out how you can not only preserves the benefits promised by virtual desktops, but how it can maximise them. Click to download!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
- Google buys maker of fascinating, creepy robots
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/Oracle/Web) 160603/SA/871Asia
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT