Desktop virtualisation can increase the productivity of information technology (IT) teams by transforming how they configure and deploy endpoint devices, manage desktops, and support end user applications. Alcatel-Lucent has partnered with Citrix® to deliver a new, improved, end-to-end desktop virtualisation solution that will make it easier and more cost-effective for businesses to deploy high-definition virtual desktops and applications to all users across an entire enterprise. This document provides a detailed explanation of how to implement the Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise Virtual Desktop Solution in a typical enterprise network environment to deliver secure and reliable virtual desktops to end users. Read now.
A success story by one of Australia’s largest owners and managers of quality real estate, read about how Investa Property Group became more agile and responsive, while improving user experience with their comprehensive desktop solution.
This infographic details the effects a new operating system that has solved desktop problems for more than 700,000 healthcare professionals, 1.8 million financial service users, 250,000 education users, over 300,000 pharmaceutical users and 1.7 million public sector users on more than 6 million end points.
A one-size-fits-all approach to desktop virtualisation cannot meet all the different requirements of users. The challenge for IT is to deliver the right kind of desktop view and applications in the right way that suits the need for each user type, all while addressing IT priorities such as cost, security and ease of management. Download to find out more!
A wide range of business issues is driving IT toward desktop virtualization. One solution—Citrix XenDesktop with FlexCast technology—helps IT teams empower their entire workforces, one project at a time.
Desktop virtualisation provides important advantages to IT. It unlocks the full benefits of consumerisation, improves the security of today’s more-diverse computing environments and reduces operational costs. Learn more about solutions that can help customers maximise the business and IT advantages of desktop virtualisation. Click to download!
Many organisations embarking on the desktop virtualisation journey believe they need to follow the virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) model where each user receives a virtual machine hosted in the data centre. Even though VDI is a great option, it is not the only one. In this whitepaper, we explore how IT departments can quickly and securely deliver virtual desktops and applications to any user in the enterprise. Download to find out more.
Desktop virtualisation is quickly becoming a mainstream IT strategy for companies of all sizes. But as mobile workstyles and cloud computing transform IT, desktop virtualisation has enabled a transition within IT to a service-based approach. Find out how to meet the needs of your users so that they can work more effectively and securly from wherever, however and on whatever device they work from. Click to download!
As mobile workstyles reinvent the way people and businesses operate, IT organisations have never been in a better position to enable new levels of mobility, productivity and efficiency. Yet they are constrained by the high cost of their legacy endpoint environment, which prevents them from making strategic investments in innovation. In this whitepaper, we look at different case studies that have transformed their business by looking at solutions that deliver mobility within their existing budget. Click to download!
Today’s enterprises are rapidly adopting desktop virtualisation as a means to reduce operating costs, enable workplace flexibility, increase business agility and bolster their information security and compliance posture. Actually realising these benefits, however, depends upon ensuring the security and availability of the virtual desktop infrastructure. Find out how you can not only preserves the benefits promised by virtual desktops, but how it can maximise them. Click to download!
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Twitter gets new product head and team from app startup Yes
- Amazon will literally truck your data into its cloud
- New supercomputer will unite x86, Power9 and ARM chips
- AWS comes out swinging with A.I. services
- How Trump will attack the FCC's net neutrality rules
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCService Desk Consultants - Urgent - Large multinational!!NSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- CCLevel 1/2 IT Service Desk OfficerQLD
- CCMainframe Project ManagerVIC
- CCOnsite Level 2 Desktop SupportNSW
- FTStorage Systems Administrator l HDS & EMC TechnologiesNSW
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- TPJava Developer - ContractQLD
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTProject Manager - Community Transport SolutionsNSW
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- CCAzure/Sharepoint DeveloperQLD
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)NSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTEnterprise ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)NSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerQLD
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedNSW
- CCJDE ERP Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTAngular DeveloperSA
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW