Desktop virtualisation can increase the productivity of information technology (IT) teams by transforming how they configure and deploy endpoint devices, manage desktops, and support end user applications. Alcatel-Lucent has partnered with Citrix® to deliver a new, improved, end-to-end desktop virtualisation solution that will make it easier and more cost-effective for businesses to deploy high-definition virtual desktops and applications to all users across an entire enterprise. This document provides a detailed explanation of how to implement the Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise Virtual Desktop Solution in a typical enterprise network environment to deliver secure and reliable virtual desktops to end users. Read now.
Customer engagement is rapidly shifting, and one of the biggest challenges companies are facing is figuring out how to serve consumers in this new digital environment. Implementing and managing new channels needs to be economically palatable, without any disruption to existing customer care practices. This business guide provides insight into how best to deploy customer service in the cloud, detailing the four phases of an evolved customer experience management strategy.
Desktop virtualisation is a top strategic business initiative for IT. While its value is understood, many IT managers are wondering, “How do I get started?” “What stages will my company go through?” and “What are the best practices?” Access this e-Book now to guide you through the answers to these questions.
Desktop Virtualization is becoming a mainstream way of delivering desktops and applications to users. While IT leaders have a choice in vendors and technologies, they must carefully map out the business priorities and then align specific technologies to each user group. This is all the while keeping costs, technical complexity, and risk in mind. Download to find out more!
A one-size-fits-all approach to desktop virtualisation cannot meet all the different requirements of users. The challenge for IT is to deliver the right kind of desktop view and applications in the right way that suits the need for each user type, all while addressing IT priorities such as cost, security and ease of management. Download to find out more!
Many organisations embarking on the desktop virtualisation journey believe they need to follow the virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) model where each user receives a virtual machine hosted in the data centre. Even though VDI is a great option, it is not the only one. In this whitepaper, we explore how IT departments can quickly and securely deliver virtual desktops and applications to any user in the enterprise. Download to find out more.
As mobile workstyles reinvent the way people and businesses operate, IT organisations have never been in a better position to enable new levels of mobility, productivity and efficiency. Yet they are constrained by the high cost of their legacy endpoint environment, which prevents them from making strategic investments in innovation. In this whitepaper, we look at different case studies that have transformed their business by looking at solutions that deliver mobility within their existing budget. Click to download!
This IDC study assesses the capability and business strategy of many vendors in the client virtualisation market. These vendors are selected based on their capabilities to provide centralised management solutions utilising one or more client virtualisation technologies such as centralised virtual desktop or virtual user session software. This study encompasses 11 vendors in the client virtualisation space, ranging from large software solution vendors. Download now for the key findings of this study.
Today customers look to engage with organizations through an increasing number of channels – and expect more from every customer service and support experience. A strategically implemented knowledge management initiative for both the contact center and Web self-service channels offers a powerful answer to this growing need to do more with less. However, a poorly implemented initiative can have a negative impact – increasing call and Web session time and frustrating both customers and agents alike. This eBook sets out 5 simple steps for optimizing customer service and support with an effective, best-practice-led knowledge management initiative.
Desktop virtualisation provides important advantages to IT. It unlocks the full benefits of consumerisation, improves the security of today’s more-diverse computing environments and reduces operational costs. Learn more about solutions that can help customers maximise the business and IT advantages of desktop virtualisation. Click to download!
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Israeli soldiers hit in cyberespionage campaign using Android malware
- Researcher develops ransomware attack that targets water supply
- Analysts peer into Microsoft's rumored Windows 10 Cloud
- AT&T, IBM, Nokia join to make IoT systems safer
- Apple's Plus plan pays off
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Life 400 DeveloperNSW
- CCTelecommunication Operations SpecialistTAS
- CCSenior Project Manager - Regulatory/Compliance - BankingNSW
- CCSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- TPChange and Communications CoordinatorQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior IT Business Analyst - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCTelecommunication Operations SpecialistTAS
- CCService ManagerACT
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)NSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- TPSenior Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCJunior Data ArchitectACT
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CC.Net Developer x 2QLD
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)WA
- FTIT Project Coordinator - Mascot/AlexandriaNSW
- TPAgile CoachNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerNSW
- FTSenior .Net Developer with Silverlight proficiencyVIC
- TPSolution Architect - IntegrationQLD