Desktop virtualisation can increase the productivity of information technology (IT) teams by transforming how they configure and deploy endpoint devices, manage desktops, and support end user applications. Alcatel-Lucent has partnered with Citrix® to deliver a new, improved, end-to-end desktop virtualisation solution that will make it easier and more cost-effective for businesses to deploy high-definition virtual desktops and applications to all users across an entire enterprise. This document provides a detailed explanation of how to implement the Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise Virtual Desktop Solution in a typical enterprise network environment to deliver secure and reliable virtual desktops to end users. Read now.
Customer engagement is rapidly shifting, and one of the biggest challenges companies are facing is figuring out how to serve consumers in this new digital environment. Implementing and managing new channels needs to be economically palatable, without any disruption to existing customer care practices. This business guide provides insight into how best to deploy customer service in the cloud, detailing the four phases of an evolved customer experience management strategy.
Desktop virtualisation is a top strategic business initiative for IT. While its value is understood, many IT managers are wondering, “How do I get started?” “What stages will my company go through?” and “What are the best practices?” Access this e-Book now to guide you through the answers to these questions.
Desktop Virtualization is becoming a mainstream way of delivering desktops and applications to users. While IT leaders have a choice in vendors and technologies, they must carefully map out the business priorities and then align specific technologies to each user group. This is all the while keeping costs, technical complexity, and risk in mind. Download to find out more!
A one-size-fits-all approach to desktop virtualisation cannot meet all the different requirements of users. The challenge for IT is to deliver the right kind of desktop view and applications in the right way that suits the need for each user type, all while addressing IT priorities such as cost, security and ease of management. Download to find out more!
Many organisations embarking on the desktop virtualisation journey believe they need to follow the virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) model where each user receives a virtual machine hosted in the data centre. Even though VDI is a great option, it is not the only one. In this whitepaper, we explore how IT departments can quickly and securely deliver virtual desktops and applications to any user in the enterprise. Download to find out more.
As mobile workstyles reinvent the way people and businesses operate, IT organisations have never been in a better position to enable new levels of mobility, productivity and efficiency. Yet they are constrained by the high cost of their legacy endpoint environment, which prevents them from making strategic investments in innovation. In this whitepaper, we look at different case studies that have transformed their business by looking at solutions that deliver mobility within their existing budget. Click to download!
This IDC study assesses the capability and business strategy of many vendors in the client virtualisation market. These vendors are selected based on their capabilities to provide centralised management solutions utilising one or more client virtualisation technologies such as centralised virtual desktop or virtual user session software. This study encompasses 11 vendors in the client virtualisation space, ranging from large software solution vendors. Download now for the key findings of this study.
Today customers look to engage with organizations through an increasing number of channels – and expect more from every customer service and support experience. A strategically implemented knowledge management initiative for both the contact center and Web self-service channels offers a powerful answer to this growing need to do more with less. However, a poorly implemented initiative can have a negative impact – increasing call and Web session time and frustrating both customers and agents alike. This eBook sets out 5 simple steps for optimizing customer service and support with an effective, best-practice-led knowledge management initiative.
Desktop virtualisation provides important advantages to IT. It unlocks the full benefits of consumerisation, improves the security of today’s more-diverse computing environments and reduces operational costs. Learn more about solutions that can help customers maximise the business and IT advantages of desktop virtualisation. Click to download!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Developer - AWS Cloud HSMNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT